Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2002, 07:15 PM
solehigh

Default Sun Class suites & mini-suites

Does anyone have pictures of the suites and min-suites on the Sun class ships? We are going on the Sea Princess in March and have not decide about which to book. As we are 2 middle age girl cousins one will have to sleep on the sofa bed (we are leaving the hubbys home for a change). Does anyone know if it is comfotrable? Would either one of these types of cabins be ok for 2 girls? Also are the mini's in the aft any bigger or better than those on the sides of the ships? Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Suzie

Default Re: Sun Class suites & mini-suites

Dear Solehigh,
I was on the Ocean Princess in May for 15 days with my sister. We booked a suite on Caribe deck- all the Sun class suites are aft- it was super! The balcony and bathroom are enormous and there is a queen size bed and a sofa that makes into a bed in the living room, although not as comfortable as the bedroom you could trade every night?
Lots and lots of room for clothes and "stuff " and lots of little perks you will love!
Go for it, you won't be sorry!
Suzie
Old July 29th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Admiral

solehigh,

The minisuites aboard MV Sun Princess are basically somewhat smaller versions of the full suites. Any of them should be plenty large for two adults. Their layout would be good for two adults who are not sharing a room, as the head is accessible from either the bedroom or the sitting room without passing through the other. IIRC, the balcony also is accessible from both rooms and there are separate televisions.

I think that the aft minisuites are pretty similar to the minisuites loaced on the side of the ship.

If cost is a concern, you might be able to get two standard cabins for less than the price of a minisuite. This would have the advantage of providing separate safes.

If you don't mind sharing a room but want separate beds, any standard cabin could accommodate you. The beds in the standard cabins are configurable as either two twin beds or queen bed.

If, OTOH, you want to enjoy the suite life and don't mind paying for it, enjoy!

Have a great cruise, whichever you decide!

Norm.
Old July 29th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Shar

Hi Solehigh!
You can go to the photo gallery and search for Backman's Alaska. I've got pictures of our mini on Dawn Princess from last September. We had three adults with plenty of room. One thing to be aware of is that the mattress on the couch is more like a cot. We asked our room stewardess to come up with a single mattress and she put it on the folded out couch-bed every evening. It made for a much nicer bed for my sis-in-law.

Shar
Old July 30th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Sun Class suites & mini-suites

Hi Solehigh,
You can check out the cabin size etc at this site, hope this helps:

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/84793...hips-frame.htm

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 30th, 2002, 08:14 AM
Admiral

We had a mini-suite on the Sea Princess earlier this month and LOVED IT! B332 was mid-forward on the port side. There is pleny of room for 2 adults. The whirlpool tub is worth the price of admission! There is a privacy curtain between the bedroom and the sitting room and you can access the bath from both sides. There are two doors to the double length balcony, one on either side. The sofa bed is made in Italy (we pulled it out to see how comfortable it was)....instead of metal bars under the mattress, there are wide wooden slats, which makes it a little more comfortable. I say GO FOR IT!!! One hint: bring a power strip as there is only one outlet on each side, so if you want to charge batteries, extra hair dryer, CD player, etc.... We brought two small ones and it worked out great. Have a great cruise! You will LOVE the Sea Princess. Say "hi" to Thamanoon at the Riviera Bar for me!!

Rick