Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Default Sabatini's + Golden

Although I have read mixed reviews regarding Sabatini's my wife and I have some interest in trying one evening as it sounds romantic. My wife however will not eat seafood under any circumstances, so it could be a big waste if that is the focus of the resteraunt. Any help would be appreciated.

Also I was wondering about the pool layout and if it was difficult to get a spot by the pool located outside (Neptune's Reef) I believe. The one with the dome does not sound that interesting to me.

Thanks for the help. We will be on the Golden 1/18/03. Maybee I'll buy ya a drink if you are onboard.

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2002, 10:07 PM
SF

Default Re: Sabatini's + Golden

We didn't care for Sabatini's as most of the choices did include seafood. Another factor we didn't particularly like was it took three hours to dine. That may ok to some folks but it was a little to much for us. If you still want to give it a try they do have pizza and several other items which contain no seafood. It does have a nice quiet atmosphere and you won't know if you like it unless you experience it for yourself.

As for the pools, yes, you do need to get up on deck at a reasonable hour or there won't be any lounge chairs available. Regular chairs aren't a problem.
Old August 8th, 2002, 03:04 PM
bobb

we had the brunch it was great . a lot of seafood unlimted wine bloody marys.
may be less seafood on dinner go to princess .com and you can see menu.
will be on golden jan 11
miss you by a week
Old August 8th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Admiral

Shawn,

Although I have read mixed reviews regarding Sabatini's my wife and I have some interest in trying one evening as it sounds romantic. My wife however will not eat seafood under any circumstances, so it could be a big waste if that is the focus of the resteraunt. Any help would be appreciated.

The menu is at http://www.princess.com/onboard/dining/sabatini.html.

If you like Italian food, frankly, I think you'll do just as well in the main dining rooms on the Italian Night.

BTW, the main dining rooms have at least two and sometimes three pastas every night. Fettucini all'Alfredo and the pasta(s) of the day with "red" (tomato) sauce are always available.

Also I was wondering about the pool layout and if it was difficult to get a spot by the pool located outside (Neptune's Reef) I believe. The one with the dome does not sound that interesting to me.

Aboard sister MV Grand Princess, seats and lounges around the aft pool seemed to be pretty open. There are also many lounges in other topside areas on the deck above the pools.

BTW, you probably will find htat the dome will be open when the ship is in the Caribbean. They usually close the dome only if the weather is rainy or cool.

Norm.
Old August 20th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Jo Ann

Shawn,

I do not eat any type of seafood either. We went on the Grand in June with another couple, and one of our friends is just like me....no seafood!

We ate at Sabatinis two times without a problem. We told our waiter right from the get-go that two of us did not eat seafood, so they prepared pasta, etc., without it for us.

They have chicken and I believe veal as entrees, but you can also ask for the three pastas to be served as an entree. This is what we did the second time, because by the time you get to your entree you are about to burst!

It is very relaxing, and it does take two to three hours to finish, which is fine for a special evening. I think you will enjoy it.

Jo Ann
Old August 22nd, 2002, 10:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Sabatini's + Golden

Thanks Jo Ann for the tips. My wife is excited because to this point, we hadn't heard too many positives! I think we'll take your advice.