Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Default Dawn Princess

My husband and I was sailing the Dawn Princess to Alaska in a few weeks. Any comment on this ship would be appreciated? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Donna@

Default Re: Dawn Princess

Hi Shel:

You picked a great ship. We were on her last December and will be back on her on Monday. I have some very extensive posts on this ship on the Princess board at cruisecritic.com under the name DonnaW. You can check them or Email me and I'll see if I can copy them down for you.

Have a Great Cruise!!!

Donna
Old August 16th, 2002, 10:54 AM
David P.

Hello...I have to echo Donna's comments on how wonderful the Dawn Princess really is. We sailed her last January to Southern Caribbean and can't wait to sail on her again in October for 9-days in Hawaii.

Just like anything else, each person has a different opinion of every ship, their serivce, food, entertainment, etc. We can't imagine not enjoying this ship, unless you're looking for a non-stop wild time. Then, you won't find that on the Dawn or most Princess ships. If you want wild and loud non-stop parties and a lot of kids, it's Carnival. If you want a more mature crowd, hardly any kids, enjoy the Dawn. Many quiet longes on this ship too to just enjoy each others company. And the Wheelhouse Lounge is a must visit. We thought the service was superb, food excellent, the buffet, one of the best, and personal choice dining our favorite. We did see however, some miserable people on the ship that think the world and every person owed them a favor, but those are far and few. Sit back, relax, and be pampered.

Enjoy.

Dave
Old August 16th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Passenger

Hi Shel! It looks like we are on the same sailing of the Dawn Princess! To answer your question from the "cruise docs" thread, we have had our cabin assigned since I booked the cruise almost a year ago - you must have gone with a guaranteed category? My sister choose to do that on her Celebrity cruise to Alaska in Sept and she is hoping to get upgraded.

Do you have any excursions booked - if so, where are you going?

We have the following planned:

Ketchican - Tatoosh Islands kayaking
Juneau - arranged a helicopter/glacier landing directly through Coastal and plan to hike around Mendenhall glacier on our own. I wanted to go with Orca for whale watching, but my husband wasn't crazy about the idea
Skagway - Chilkoot trail hike and float trip
And of course touring the towns on foot and some shopping

The Dawn sounds and looks like a beautiful ship - I can't wait to sail!

Jean
Old August 20th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Hi there. We're sailing on the Dawn on Nov. 30 from Ft. Lauderdale and can't wait!! We live in Vancouver and have gone down to the port and watched her sail out to Alaska a few times. I hope she's as great inside as she looks from the outside!

Terry