Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2002, 09:53 AM
First Mate

Default DISCOUNTS

I HAVE A CRUISE BOOKED FOR OCT 13,02,MY WIFE AND I WENT ON PRINCESS LAST APRIL,SO WE HAVE RECIEVED OUR CAPTAINS CIRCLE NUMBER SINCE WE ARE SAILING PRINCESS AGAIN,MY QUESTION IS WE KEEP HEARING ABOUT ALL THESE DISCOUNTS.WE ARE PREPAID BUT WHEN WE CALL PRINCESS THEY FIRST TOLD US WE HAD TO WAIT TILL 60 DAYS PRIOR TO SAIL DATE TO SEE IF THERE WAS ANY REDUCTIONS OR DEALS AND TO KEEP CALLING A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK BECAUSE IT CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME.WELL I JUST CALLED FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE WE ARE NOW UNDER 60 DAYS AND PRINCESS SAID THEY COULD NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING FINANCIAL WE ME BECAUSE I HAD A TRAVEL AGENT AND I HAD TO GO THROUH HER.WELL I CALLED MY AGENT AND SHE SAID ,SHE HAD TO CHECK BUT SHE IS PRETTY SURE THERE IS NO DEALS AND SHE WOULD HAVE TO CALL ME BACK.MY WIFE CALLED PRINCESS ABOUT 45 DAYS AGO AND THATS WHEN SHE WAS TOLD TO WAIT TILL 60DAYS PRIOR AND THEN START CALLING SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK,BUT NOW THEY ARE SAYING THEY WONT TALK TO US.HAS ANY ONE ELSE BEEN ABLE TO GET INFO FROM PRINCESS LIKE THIS OR IS IT ONLY THROUGH THE AGENT?
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Cynthia

Default Re: DISCOUNTS

most Ta's buy a bulk of rooms and resell them. Because of this, Princess will not discuss any financials with you if you have a TA because they dont know what the room costs you, only what they sold it to the TA for.

The TA should get back to you soon, but at 60 days out, unless the booking is not sailing well there will not be many discounts if at all.

Cynthia
Old August 16th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Admiral

When you book through a TA your TA is your go-between and you should not deal with the cruiseline directly, that is the TA's job. As for any price reductions what you should have done is make sure that your TA would honor any reductions in price of the cruise before you booked and make sure that they kept checking for any reductions. I tend to check the CL's website every week or two and if I see a reduction I call my TA immediately. Sometimes they notice the reduction before me, sometimes me before them. Usually after the final payment you will not get any reduction as they are for new bookings only provided of course that they even have a price cut.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old August 18th, 2002, 12:03 AM
Admiral

By the way, Paul, it would be appreciated by the other posters if you would use lower case ... all caps is considered yelling. You don't even have to capitalize words if you don't want to - such as i instead of I.
Old August 30th, 2002, 09:33 PM
idoc

Default Re: Re: DISCOUNTS

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you. I booked my cruise though a online company as I always have done. You got some very sound advice about checking next time with your TA about whether they will honnor a discount if the price drops.
I had to cancel renewing our wedding vows and I was told my TA would have to do this, I then explained that my TA didn't even know I booked it, they took it off my bill. But at first they said they couldn't. It is very hard to work with Princess, leave that to your TA. Enjoy your trip.