Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2002, 06:44 AM
AnitaG

Default Casual Wear

My husband and I are taking our very first cruise October 26 on the Golden Princess, and are counting the days. I'm curious about the "dress code" for the Horizon Court during the evenings. Are shorts permitted, or would it be the same as dining in the other dining rooms?

Anyone else taking this cruise?

Thanks!
Anita
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Casual Wear

You can wear anything you like. We skip dining in the dining room and went swimming one night. Just went in and had dinner then back to the pool.
Scott
Old August 26th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Dave P

Hi Anita..Even though we are not on the same cruise, we are also going on a cruise. We are going to Hawaii for 9-days on the Dawn Princess. It will be our 9th cruise. I believe you will love your cruise. If it weren't going to take up so much of your time, I would write you up an entire story to help you with your first time cruise experience.

To answer your question....You can wear anything you want in the Horizon Court. The food is great with many of the same items you would see in the main dining room.. On our last cruise, we went with Personal Choice dining. This allowed us to eat in the main dining room or anywhere else at whatever time we deemed necessary.

The only place you will have to wear at least casual slacks, dress, etc. would be in the formal dining room or specialty restaurant. And on the two formal nights, you will have to wear a dinner dress or gown, men a suit or tux. If you're uncomfortable with that, you can just go to Horizon Court, dress the way you want and forget the fanfare.

We did the formal thing the first two cruises and it was very nice and an experience. But now we just do what we want and are tired of the formal attire.

If I can help you out with anything else, just let me know. I can go on forever.

Dave
Old August 29th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Anita,

My husband and I are taking our very first cruise October 26 on the Golden Princess, and are counting the days. I'm curious about the "dress code" for the Horizon Court during the evenings. Are shorts permitted, or would it be the same as dining in the other dining rooms?

I have heard lots of people say that casual attire is permitted on the Horizon Court even on formal evenings. Nonetheless, the only thing that I have ever seen in writing from Princess is that "The evening dress code applies throughout the ship from 6:00 PM onward." That line appeared in the Princess Patter and in other places on both of my last two cruises. I presume that the Horizon Court is part of "throughout the ship."

Norm.
Old August 30th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Admiral

They do ask that if you have a bathing suit on that you have a "cover up" on also. Shirts for men.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013