Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Passenger

Default Electrical supplies

Ok here is my question. Im going aboard the Star Princess soon. do the rooms have electrical outlets to house hairdryers, laptops or to plug in a camera to charge? i've heard that "polarized plugs" do not work in the room? true?false? any info will help thanks..Daniel,Malibu
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Myszka

Default Re: Electrical supplies

We were able to use the outlet in our room to plug in and recharge the camera and there is a built in hairdryer that we used. As for the lap top, I am quite sure it works in the room because my dh used it. But at this moment I am not sure if he really connected to the internet or not using the lines or just used the computer to do work?I assumed he did. I'd ask him, but at this moment he is in Europe on a business trip. Perhaps someone can provide the answer to you about connections. Myszka in Tokyo
Old August 28th, 2002, 04:11 PM
Dee Ashley

I bring an extension cord/power strip or 2 as there are not very many outlets--usually there is 2 outlets at the desk.

some of the ships have hair dryers--
Old August 29th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Beginner

Send a message via ICQ to Concord Cruiser Send a message via AIM to Concord Cruiser Send a message via MSN to Concord Cruiser
Default Re: Re: Electrical supplies

We were on the Star in May and I brought a power strip and an extension cord. We also brought our own coffee maker.

Ralph

Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean 9/1/02

Old August 30th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't know why anyone would bother bringing a coffee maker! You can get room service any time of day. Maybe they are picky coffee drinkers, so I guess that makes sense. We ordered coffee and hot water (for cocoa) each morning and it was delivered on time. If you drink hot chocolate, bring a few packets of your own because they charge $$ for cocoa on this ship. Tea and coffee is complimentary, of course.

I use three curling irons and a hair dryer when getting "all dolled up" and I never had issues with outlets. We recharged our camera all the time. I don't ever recall wishing for more outlets. My husband used his computer, but not internet access. You'll be charged for phone time which is outrageous. There is an internet cafe, but it's also expensive. We used the internet in the port towns at an internet place. About 1/3 the cost of on the ship.
Old September 9th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Gary Karschnick

There are 2 outlets in the balcony cabins. One is at the desk and the other is hard to find, but is located right under the shelf outside of the bathroom. You do not need polarized plugs for either. To use the bathroom plug (shavers only) we found thatbit would not accept a standard 110 plug, so we used a eueropean adapter and then our 110 plug and it worked fine.