Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2002, 02:47 AM
Beginner

Default extra charge for specialty resturants

is there a extra charge on star princess specialty resturants anymore..i cant find anyinfo on it..including on the princess website..tia
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2002, 03:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: extra charge for specialty resturants

yes, might be a mention of a $$ amount in the brochure. I am not sure how much, but I think it ranges from (not to quote me on this) approx. $3.50 pp up to $15.00 pp. Can be put on shipboard account.

Maybe Norm will post to your question. He calls these the "sucker restaurants"!! Everybody has different perceptions and different experiences with the specialty restaurants.
Old September 6th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sabatinis is $15.00 p.p. and worth every penny. Especially the brunch where the drinks are free. About a 2 _1/2 hour meal. A great restaurant especially if you like Italian food. Reservations must be made early as it is very popular both at the brunch (which is only on sea days) and at dinner. The southwestern restaurant is $8.00 p.p. and is good if you like mexican food. These were the prices when I was on the Golden last year. Helen
Old September 9th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Gary Karschnick

We just returned from a cruise on the Sea Princess and spent $8 each cover charge for the Sterling Steakhouse. It was worth every penny for the fantastic steak and the superb service at a nice table for 2.
Old September 9th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: extra charge for specialty resturants

Gary,

I probably should not tell you that they probably would have served the same meal in the main dining room if you had simply asked a night in advance, and that there would have been NO surcharge....

Norm.
Old September 10th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Gary Karschnick

Default Re: Re: Re: extra charge for specialty resturants

Actually, the filet mignon was not available in the main dinning room. (A sirloin was.) And it was worth it for the quiet table for two.
Old September 10th, 2002, 05:24 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: extra charge for specialty resturants

Gary Karschnick wrote:

> Actually, the filet mignon was not available in the main
> dinning room. (A sirloin was.) And it was worth it for the
> quiet table for two.

Gary:
You miss read what Norm meant. You could have requested that piece of meat for the next evening. You can get almost any special request that is not on the menu by asking your head waiter but it must be done a day in advance. For example, they only had Eggs Benedict on the breakfast menu one day but I had it before that day by doing this.
Frank-in-CA
Old September 10th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: extra charge for specialty resturants

Gary,

Actually, the filet mignon was not available in the main dinning room. (A sirloin was.) And it was worth it for the quiet table for two.

It's not a regular menu item on seven-day cruises, so you have to request it a day in advance. Nonetheless, Princess's dining staff will prepare anything upon request, so long as they have the ingredients available and they receive the request sufficiently in advance to allow time for the preparation.

BTW, filet mignon often does appear on the menu one night, accompanies by a few shrimp ("Surf 'n' Turf") on cruises longer than a week.

Norm.