Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotels in Ft Lauderdale

We are booked on the grand forApril 20th 2003 and flying in from CT on the 18th To get a couple of days head start. My question is which hotels are the nicest and do you think we need to get a car??. We would like something on the beach and close to everything so we don't have to rent a car. There will be eight of us (2 familys) and if we were to get a car we would have to get 2 of them. I guess if we have to get a car we will but would rather not.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Scott
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Hotels in Ft Lauderdale

I find the Radisson Bahia Mar to be nicely located. At the beach, full service hotel, walking distance to very many restaurants and attractions along the beach front .
This is a full service hotel so it will cost more than some others.
Old September 13th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Scott

We will be cruising on the Golden next month, embarking in Ft. Lauderdale. We have never been to Ft. Lauderdale, much less, cruised before. I can't tell you how many hotels we looked at over the internet and also asked questions on boards like this one.

Here's my plan: (and I will be happy to report to you when we get back) We are staying at the Embassy Suites on SE 17th St. They have a free shuttle service back and forth to the airport. We are flying in, getting no rental car. They also have a free shuttle service to the pier, sign up early I'm told. They also have a free, cooked to order breakfast spread. The money we are spending on the room, even with our military discount, is a bargain. Also, I'm told that shopping, etc. are within walking distance and if not, you can always take the water taxi's. That's what I am planning.

Book early, I didn't jump at booking the hotel on the way back and now I can't get in.

Good luck in your search.
Old September 14th, 2002, 05:28 PM
Bulldog

Default Re: Re: Hotels in Ft Lauderdale

We have stayed there Judee. It is very nice. Don't forget the free cocktails in the evening. There is good shopping across the street. You can even pick up wine, etc. If the shuttle is full or just too busy, just grab a cab. The cost is minor because you are so close to the pier. You can see the ships from your balcony if your room is high enough.
Old September 14th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to maryann
Default Re: Re: Re: Hotels in Ft Lauderdale

the hotel must take you or a taxi to the water taxi, as the Embassy Suites is NOT on the water.

Try the Best Western Marina Inn, ask for a waterview room. It's on the water.
Old September 19th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Admiral

There is a great Marriott on the beach. Just go to www.Marriott.com. Also try www.starwood.com for the Sheraton brand. There are 2 Sheraton's right on the beach.
Old September 19th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Lisa A.

Hi -

We are also on the same cruise and are arriving from Boston on the 18th - we are staying at the Embassy Suites. It is less expensive than being directly on the beach and they will shuttle you to whereever you want to go. Also, breakfast is included.