Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Excursions In Western Caribbean

I was wondering if anyone knows of the excursions In western caribbean.
We will be on the grand, 4/20/03 and can no seem to find any info on what excursions are avaiable.

I know that Princess will be sending us info but that won't be till like feb or march.

We are going to Grand cayman, Majahual, and Cozumel. There will be 14 of us from 3 family's with 8 kids ages from 8-15.
It would be nice to be able to at least know ahead of time so we can plan our days on the islands.
Also what are the BEST and WORST things to do on those islands.
Any Help would be great thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Excursions In Western Caribbean

Scott,
I'm sure you will see when you get the shore excursion information that there are many to choose from. I would recommend a trip to Sting Ray City in Grand Cayman and to check out Dunn Rivers Falls in Jamaica, both worth doing if you haven't already.

Don't forget also, you can pre-book excursions through the Princess web-site, so if there is anything you absolutly want and a specific time, this is a great feature, then your tickets will be in your cabin when you arrive.

You can also check various web-sites and arrange some tours on your own, they can be a money saver and almost always better, or less people than the cruiseline tours.

Here is one of many sites that you can check and compare to the cruiseline excursions, have fun!
http://www.shoreexcursions.com/

You can also get a cab in Cozumel and go snorkeling at Chankanaab Park:

http://www.cozguide.net/chankan.html

Just a few of many to choose from, enjoy your cruise

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 12th, 2002, 09:19 PM
Admiral

scotts,

Princess is now posting the actual brochures (in Acrobat's "portable document format") for shore excursions on the company's web site (http://www.princess.com). You also can view descriptions in the "Cruise Planner" section of the site.

Norm.
Old September 16th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Yeoman

We went on Carnival rather than Princess, but I know the mini-submarine in Grand Cayman is available to all. I don't recommend it though. The dive was in deeper water than you would be in if you went snorkling. Consequently, the light doesn't reach the coral etc. Everything looks blue - like a swimming pool. You could see some color on fish that swam up close, but otherwise it was a big dissapointment. Our table mates went snorkling and couldn't stop talking about how pretty it was.

Snorkling was good at Cozemel also they said. We skipped an excursion and just went shopping. Cozumel was considered the best shopping on our cruise. Got some pretty good prices if you bargained.