Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2002, 06:21 PM
scrapindee

Default space bags?? where??

Maybe I am blind along with recovering from carpal tunnel surgery--but I've looked at Costco and Wal-mart in the luggage, appliance, and other areas of the stores to look for these bags. Where should I be looking in the store? what departments??--I live outside Palm Springs any other ideas for stores??
Asia is awaiting.
Sponsored Links
Old September 13th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Hugger

Default Re: space bags?? where??

Walgreens has them - I don't think Target carries them anymore - that's where I bought my first one's. They are a bit expensive at Walgreens. Bed, Bath and Beyond is another good place to get them as they have the coupons. Which by the way did you know that they not only accept competitor's coupons but also honor expired coupons too.
You can also go to the website for Space bags. I used to have the address, however, my computer crashed and I lost it. I'm sure if you do a search via google.com
that you'll find it though. They have a package deal which is good.

And, I have to mention that I had one bag that was bad and they replaced it without a problem.
good luck
Old September 14th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: space bags?? where??

I've never heard of a space bag. What is it?
Old September 14th, 2002, 10:52 AM
KreinKrunker

They have them at Walgreen. Two travel bags for $6, and one large for $6. Also try www.asseen-on-tv.com.
Old September 15th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Steve Shadoin

The email address is www.spacebag.com. You can order them right on line.
Old September 17th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Chirs

Default Re: Re: Re: space bags?? where??

If you like wrinkled clothes the space bag is for you. Just for your info, if you leave white cloth items in plactic for a period of time they turn yellow....
Old September 19th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Crowsie

Howdy Scrapindee....
We use 2 gallon ziploc bags....works the same way...put you clothes in the bag then squeeze the air out.....nothing gets wrinkled because you can't get ALL the air out....plus, it makes it really easy to toss things in and out of the suitcase.
Oh....bring plenty of travel kleenex to use as toilet paper when out sightseeing....and if you go to the Great Wall......beware of the rest stop you make on the way there..the bathroom was WAY nasty...but really the only nasty one we came across...great trip..you're gonna love it.
Crowsie
Old September 23rd, 2002, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Padme_Amidala_Skywalker

Bed Bath and Beyond carries these. Also If you don't have one close by Home Shopping (HSN) and QVC carry them. Both have internet sites where you can buy them.

Carnival Inspiration Western Caribbean- GrandCayman, CostaMaya, Cozumel, Belize
Old September 23rd, 2002, 12:40 PM
sbinbc

We used these bags on our Mediterranean cruise this summer, and they were great. I bought a couple at one of the "As seen on TV" stores in the U.S. and a couple at London Drugs in Canada. For those who don't know what they are, they are large plastic bags that you pack clothes in and then expel all the air, leaving a very compact size. There are two kinds - one has a port that you insert a vacuum in to literally suck every bit of air out. The other has a one way valve at the bottom, and you squeeze the air out by rolling it (or I found sitting on it was just as effective!) I tried both, and preferred the latter. First of all, when you are travelling, you won't usually have access to a vacuum, and secondly, when you leave no air, you really wrinkle the clothes. Even the manual way does leave clothes pretty wrinkled. It wasn't really a problem for us since Princess has laundry roms with irons on every floor. For our trip, they worked out perfectly, as we really needed to pack compactly. My husband and I and our two kids were travelling by train both before and after our cruise, and we did not want to be lugging big suitcases arounnd, especially as we got off the train to sightsee a couple of times. We each had a back pack that had an extendable handle and wheels, plus a smaller bag. Each one of us could carry our own luggage easily. On the way to Europe, since we had to change planes twice, we did not want to check our luggage as we have heard of stories of people arriving but their luggage didn't, and they had to cruise away and hope it might catch up to them. I think we were the only people on board who had managed to pack for a 12 day European cruise (plus 5 day land portion), with only carry-on luggage!
As mentioned, a zip lock bag can also be used, but even the largest ones are not that big, plus without the one way valve, you really can't expel that much air.
sheila