Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2002, 08:05 PM
DavidPR

Default Pacific Princess water???

I was wondering about the quality of the tap water aboard the Pacific Princess, since this is an older ship, and may not have a system as sophisticated as the newer ships.

Also, does Princess permit bringing bottled water aboard? If so, I may just show up with a few cases before the 16 day trip.

Regards,

David
San Juan, PR
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2002, 12:53 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Pacific Princess water???

Can't answer your first question as I have never sailed on the Pacific Princess.

For the second question, yes, Princess does allow bottled water to be brought aboard.
Old September 18th, 2002, 06:18 PM
Admiral

David,

All ships have distilling plants or evaporators that inherently produce "Grade B" (distilled) water, which is perfectly safe for drinking and considerably more pure than the "Grade C" water that we normally drink when ashore. (The production of "Grade A" (demineralized) water is considerably more costly, and thus reserved for steam plants and other mechanical systems that remaining solutes in distilled water would damange.)

Princess provides bottled water aboard all ships, and even sets up "water stations" in port for the convenience of passengers going on shore excursions. IIRC, a small (1/2 liter) bottle costs $1.99 and a large (1 liter) bottle costs $2.99. You certainly can bring your own supply aboard, but most cabins have limited storage so I don't know where you would store it.

Norm.
Old September 18th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Pacific Princess water???

Norm:
I've never had a problem with any ship water as it is distilled as you say. Instead of paying those outrageous prices for water, I just keep refilling the bottle and put it in the refrigerator to take with me off shore.
Frank-in-CA
Old September 23rd, 2002, 10:53 AM
Passenger

I sailed on the PP last summer and there was no problem with the water. If you don't want to take the water from the sink in your cabin, there's a tap on the Lido deck (in the coffee/tea area) that's available 24 hours. There's usually ice and lemon wedges available there too.
Old September 23rd, 2002, 01:02 PM
DavidPR

Thanks, to all, for the water comments. Since I have found ship's tap water to be acceptable aboard other vessels, and I take it that the PP has a plant that is just as good, I'll forget the hassel of bottled water.

Regards,

David
San Juan