Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Bulldog

Default Looking for Golden Princess advice

We will be on the Golden in mid November. How about sharing any advice or tips concerning this ship or Princess in general. This will be our first Princess cruise. We love Celebrity, but thought we would compare!
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2002, 03:39 PM
RSG

Default Re: Looking for Golden Princess advice

We've done three Celebrity cruises and loved everyone of them. You won't be disappointed with the Golden. We did her with two of daughters last February and they turned around and headed back on her in April. It's big, but has may private areas and they move folks very effectively. You'll have a great time! RSG
Old September 19th, 2002, 03:05 PM
sbinbc

Default Re: Re: Looking for Golden Princess advice

We are big fans of Celebrity, and had hoped to book a Mediterranean cruise this past summer on the Millenium (or maybe it was the Constellation) However, post 9/11, Celebrity pulled out of the Med, so we ended up going on the Golden Princess. Although I have to say the food was a step down, we thoroughly enjoyed our Princess cruise. In fact, there were things we liked so much that I think the next cruise we book will be on Princess as well. We really liked Anytime Dining, the 24 hour buffet and the 24 hour fresh water swimming pools. The Golden is a big ship, and was full on our cruise but never felt crowded. It seemed much less congested than the Radiance that we sailed on last year.
Some tips - you can ask the room steward for a bowl of fresh fruit in your cabin, which will be replenished daily, and you can get terry cloth robes if you ask for them. we never go there, but we heard that the time to go to sabatini's was for brunch on days at sea. Huge spread, and all you can drink Mimosas, Bloody Mary's etc. It costs the same as at dinner, $15 pp, but at dinner you don't get any drinks!
sheila
Old September 19th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Bulldog

Default Re: Re: Re: Looking for Golden Princess advice

Great tips....thanks. We were on the Celebrity's Millie last cruise. You really should try that ship. We REALLY enjoyed it!
Old September 25th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Golden Princess advice

I love Princess ships, they are so beautiful. I especially like the color schemes. The number one thing I like about Princess ships though is the wrap-around walking deck on the Promenade deck. On the Golden it is 1/3 of a mile for one lap. I love walking at sea.
I also like Princess entertainment, especially the big production shows. However, get there early to get a good seat.
Hope you have a great cruise!
Old October 8th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Lanz

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Golden Princess advice

We sailed the Golden out of New York, 9/21/02, this was our 14th cruise, we loved the Golden, I would say it is our favorite ship. Can't really find fault with anything. The ship was full 2600 passengers, you would never know it. We sailed Celebrity, Infinity last year to Alaska, although a beautiful ship, we liked the Golden better. Would sail her again in a New York minute.