Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Steve Conger

Default Alcohol

Going on Sea Princess on 11/30 what is the reality concerning alcohol brought on board. I know the official policy is NONE, but what really happens with princess. I have traveled 3 times with HAL and never had any problems (even since 9/11).
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Alcohol

Put it in your checked luggage and you should not have a problem. Been on Sea Princess twice (5/99and 1/02 and didn't have a problem.)

Old October 10th, 2002, 07:05 AM
Admiral

The lines are really cracking down on this, I usually buy miniatures and put them in the checked luggage.
Old October 10th, 2002, 11:01 AM
cruiseaddik

Default Re: Re: Alcohol

I have sailed on Princess 15 times over the past 10 years and have always purchased liquor to be consumed in our stateroom. We have never been questioned. The last sailing we were on was December 2001..We'll be going on the Grand Feb. 2, 03........I'll let ya know.
Old October 10th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Alcohol

We were on the Dawn Princess in January this year. They made an announce on the van from the airport to the ship that all liquor purchased in port would be collected and returned to us the last night on board. At each island all hand purchases will be x-rayed and any liquor will be collected and tagged with your cabin number. The only exception I know of is wine. Wine may be brought back to your cabin.
Prior to our cruise in January, I had several email conversations with Princess. They informed me this is now their policy. I was informed that this was a "business" decision.
Old October 14th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Tonidee

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Alcohol

We were on the Sea Princess in January 2002, and the Star Princess in March 2002. We put hard liquor in our checked luggage, and took a case of wine, put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to our cabin. Wine and Champagne are allowed for special occassions, and we have a special occassion every day....we will be doing a Star cruise in November taking our 2 daughters and their husbands and will be taking about 4 cases of wine. Can't wait as we booked the Grand Suite!!
Old October 14th, 2002, 02:48 PM
First Mate

We just got back from the Golden Princess. I packed a few mini bottles in our checked luggage and ended up bringing back more than half of them. We also took along a couple of special bottles of wine that we enjoyed drinking in the afternoon in our cabin. We were on the Aloha Deck, which was convenient to bring down a little snack from the Horizon Court to go along with our wine or cocktails. For the cocktails, we brought down orange juice and milk from breakfast--orange juice to make screwdrivers and the milk for white Russians.