Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Admiral

Default Sun Princess ?

Booked sort of last minute on the Sun Princess sailing Nov 16th 2002-- any one else going on the same sailing ? Have a friend sailing on her right now-- says she looks great and is being kept up nicely.--Nice to get an e-mail from a ship--
Cheers
April
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2002, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sun Princess ?

April,

I came off MV Sun Princess about six weeks ago. Your friend is absolutely right.

I also will be on the cruise immediately before yours, but I do hope that yours is wonderful, too!

Norm.
Old October 16th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Admiral

HI Norm--
Well I guess the Sun Princess is doing herself proud-- especially if your sailing on her again-- so soon too-- Anything I should know before we sail ? anything you would recommend or not recommend ?
Cheers to you-- warm up the ship for me--
April
Old October 17th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Sun Princess ?

April,

I have four recommendations.

>> 1. Choose "traditional dining" if you can, then don't skip dinner in the main dining room.

>> 2. Don't miss the production shows, especially if you have not seen them on prior cruises.

>> 3. Don't miss the special events featured on some evenings, such as the deck (probably "Mexican Fiesta") party (be sure to look at the sculptures on the buffet lines, even if you are not hungry enough to eat anythign from the buffet!) and the Champagne Waterfall.

>> 4. Other than that, join in the activities that are of interest to you. Your interests might not be the same as anybody else's.

As far as shore excursions are concerned, on past cruises I have found the following to be worthwhile.

>> Cabo San Lucas -- any of the boat excursions out to or past land's end (some also include snorkeling or swimming at a beach resort)

>> Mazatlan -- the city highlights tour and the "Shopping, Beach, Lunch, and Show" tour

>> Puerto Vallarta -- the city highlights tour and the "Tequilla Factories and Beach Fiesta" tour

>> Acapulco -- the city highlights tour

Next month, I'm planning to try the new tour to the "Rio Caracol" beach resort (Tour F) in Cabo San Lucas, the "Sail & Snorkel" tour in Zihuatanejo, and the "Acapulco through the Ages" tour in Acapulco for the first time.

Norm.
Old October 18th, 2002, 07:05 PM
suej

Norm let us know how you like your tours on your return, will be on the Sun 12/6 and thinking about the Acapulco through the ages tour among others