Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Admiral

Default Norm - anything new on the Coral Princess

Norm

Wondered if you had any new information on the Coral Princess ... I'm sailing on her in 59 days. Any pictures? Thanks.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Norm - anything new on the Coral Princess

CruzNut,

Right now, I would say that no news is good news. AFAIK, everything is still on track. I don't have a lot of time to go digging for photos, though.

BTW, I'm looking forward to your review!

Norm.
Old October 17th, 2002, 07:26 AM
hallsuk2

I will be flying from U.K. to join Coral Princess on her second cruise over Xmas and the New Year.
For some news and interesting pictures of the ship,take a look at www.travelpage.com website.Open up the cruisetravel page,go to cruise talk and then to cruiselines and on page 2 of that topic you will see a thread titled Coral Princess.On this page there is some interesting news of Coral Princess as well as a link to some exterior pictures of the ship.
Old October 17th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Thanks very much for the link to the pictures ... most interesting. I do plan on writing a review, Norm, but it won't be in time for hallsuk2 to read as he/she are boarding the day I disembark. And, being the holidays, it might be a bit before I get around to writing it.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old October 18th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Frank

CruzNut wrote:

> Wondered if you had any new information on the Coral Princess
> ... I'm sailing on her in 59 days. Any pictures? Thanks.
>
Take good care of her because we will be sailing the Coral from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco - 15 days via the Panama Canal - in April. (G) We just came back from a wonderful Celebrity ship - the Constellation - and hope that the Coral Princess can be nearly as nice.
Frank-in-CA
Old October 18th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Norm - anything new on the Coral Princess

hallsuk2 wrote:

> a look at www.travelpage.com website.Open up the cruisetravel
> page,go to cruise talk and then to cruiselines and on page 2 of
> that topic you will see a thread titled Coral Princess.On this
> page there is some interesting news of Coral Princess as well
> as a link to some exterior pictures of the ship.

Thanks for the web site. I also looked at the Princess web site. They indicate that their cybercafe is AOL. I wonder if one has to belong to AOL to use it? I personally dislike AOL and stay as far away from it as I can but my level of Princess cruising entitles me to free internet. I'll be interested to see how that all pans out before our trip in April.

One thing that seems to be formulating in my mind is that the Coral, considered a new class of ship, is basically a remake of the Grand version that can pass through the Panama Canal. There doesn't seem to be much new and imaginative like Celebrity's Thalassotherapy pool, glass elevators and the like. I do see that they now have a two level showroom though and a separate pool for children. I'll be interested in your feedback.
Frank-in-CA