Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 16th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Rod
Default San Juan embarkation

Our cruise on the Sea Princess doesn't sail until 11 pm on a Saturday. We are doing a pre-cruise stay in San Juan for Friday night. I have learned that I could embark as early as noon on Saturday. Is it possible to get checked onto the ship early and then leave the ship to do some sightseeing in San Juan or would we have to stay on the ship? If not, surely we could check in later in the evening...........say 7 or 8? Which is the best way to do this? On the one hand, it would be nice to get the luggage to the port and not have to worry about it, but on the other hand, I would hate missing an opportunity to enjoy San Juan if I weren't allowed to leave the ship after checking in.

Help!

Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: San Juan embarkation

Rod,

Our cruise on the Sea Princess doesn't sail until 11 pm on a Saturday. We are doing a pre-cruise stay in San Juan for Friday night. I have learned that I could embark as early as noon on Saturday. Is it possible to get checked onto the ship early and then leave the ship to do some sightseeing in San Juan or would we have to stay on the ship? If not, surely we could check in later in the evening...........say 7 or 8? Which is the best way to do this? On the one hand, it would be nice to get the luggage to the port and not have to worry about it, but on the other hand, I would hate missing an opportunity to enjoy San Juan if I weren't allowed to leave the ship after checking in.

You are free to go ashore after you check in. I would arrive at the pier between 11:30 and noon, as they usually do start the check-in process around 11:00 or 11:30, go aboard the ship to drop my belongings and have lunch, then head off into town for the afternoon and return to the ship in time for the earlier of the emergency drill and dinner. IIRC, ships sailing late from San Juan usually hold the emergency drill between the two seatings of "Traditional Dining" on embarkation day.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old October 16th, 2002, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: San Juan embarkation

Hi Rod,
Yes, you can board, look over the ship, have lunch and get off and see the sights in San Juan. Just remember to take along your sign and sail card to get back onboard. Old San Juan has many historic sights and shopping, so enjoy the afternoon there.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 16th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Rod
Default Re: Re: San Juan embarkation

Fantastic! That solves all my problems.

Thanks Norm.

Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean Explorer