Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2002, 12:37 PM
cruizingal

Default REFUND AFTER FINAL PAYMENT IF PRICE DROPS

How hard is this to get? In the past Princess has ran specials after final payments were made for "new bookings only". Has anyone ever gotten a refund after final payment? I'm not interested in an upgrade at all. I have the cabin I want. I do think that they should honor a refund for price drops.
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: REFUND AFTER FINAL PAYMENT IF PRICE DROPS

I think your statement... "I have the cabin I want" tells it all. That is the main advantage of booking early... choosing exactly the cabin that suits your needs. That is how the vast majority (despite what you read on the boards) of guests book their cruises. It is a value added... the ability to get the cabin of your choice. Waiting to book until you are inside of 60 days of departure leaves a lot to chance... including no cabins at all... cabins that do NOT meet your needs... no reduction in price in certain categories meaning that you waited and got a lousy cabin at no savings... and on and on. You did get an additonal value for your money. You cannot expect to have it both ways.
Old October 20th, 2002, 06:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: REFUND AFTER FINAL PAYMENT IF PRICE DROPS

Hey Ernie,
Yep, that was definitely the key word here. As long as I have the cabin I want and the origional price was decent, I'd be happy, would not want to cancel and re-book to save a few bucks, not worth it! If you are happy with the cabin you have, just go and enjoy the cruise and don't worry about what you may of saved, you wouldn't have the cabin that you have now.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 20th, 2002, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: REFUND AFTER FINAL PAYMENT IF PRICE DROPS

cruizingal,

Legally, you can cancel your booking and rebook -- but there's a penalty for cancelling your booking after the deadline for final payment. I doubt that the savings will be enough to offset the penalty. The discount booking might have strings attached -- like you have to get at the end of the line for assignment of a cabin and settle for whatever is left after they assign cabins to everybody ahead of you.

Norm.
Old October 22nd, 2002, 07:44 PM
MEMC

Default Re: Re: REFUND AFTER FINAL PAYMENT IF PRICE DROPS

you could try what we just did yesterday. this was with Carnival, and our TA said she had never heard of compensation after final payment with Carnival. that they were really picky. however, everyone on the boards said go for an upgrade or onboard credit so I did. Well, they offered us (all three cabins) a two category upgrade. we did not want this because it was for the same cabins but just up higher and not where we wanted to be. we had selected our exact cabins. So she asked for credits, and sure enough, they gave us credits spread out over all three cabins equal to the price difference. Our TA said she had learned something right there and would remember it in the future. So try it with Princess. What's the worst that can happen? If they say no, you're no worse off than you were before. stay happy and healthy! Marianne