Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 29th, 2002, 05:30 PM
luckyy951

Default Celebrity Century or Golden Princess

Please help us make a decision. We have cruised Princess twice, HAL once and NCL once. We have been happiest with Princess. We now have a chance to cruise on Celebrity on the Century in a Suite for only $100 pp more than in a balcony cabin on the Golden Princess. Having been on the Grand Princess in 1999, we know the Princess product, however, have no understanding of the Celebrity product. Will those of you who love Princess, and have cruised on Celebrity, please help us make this decision. I am currently holding reservations on both, but need to make a payment by 11/2 so time is of the essence.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Celebrity Century or Golden Princess

luckyy951,

If your choice really is between MV Golden Princess and a Celebrity ship, I would opt for the Celebrity ship. MV Golden Princess is about the worst of the Princess Cruises fleet. Given my 'druthers, though, I would try to find a way to cruise aboard MV [i] Sun Princess, MV Dawn Princess, MV Sea Princess, or even MV Royal Princess instead.

Norm.
Old October 29th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Passenger

I would suggest you wait for other opinions
Old October 29th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Century or Golden Princess

Suites on Celebrity are great. Food is excellent. Ditto service. Entertainment is iffy, some ships have good, but other Celebrity ships have not so good entertainment. Atmosphere is a little more laid back on Celebrity but the age range is similar. I like both lines, tend to sail Princess more often but like Celebrity a lot too. If you like one you will probably like the other. In your case, I'd take the Century. You get butler service with a suite!

Carole
Old October 30th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Hard choice, just off the Golden Princess and enjoyed it immensely, as you said, the Golden is like the Grand, so you know what to expect.

I have sailed on the Century and she is a lovely ship, as far as food, I'd rate Celebrity and Princess food about the same. Food is subjective, so I really ignore peoples thoughts on that.

I have been on the Grand Class ships and love them, but prefer a smaller ship. Since the Century is smaller, you may want to try it. Both ships have good/bad features.
Old October 30th, 2002, 10:13 AM
susancruzs

I really like Princess but because you've done Princess and the Celebrity cruise is a suite why not go for it?

It is good to try a different cruise line and why not do it when you can have a nice cabin?

I have my favorite cruise lines but it is nice to try other ones, too!

Enjoy, Susie
Old October 30th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Admiral

We have sailed the Grand & Sea Princess and 5 Celebrity ships including the Century. Size wise the Century is a tad smaller than the Sea but service and your accommodations will be superior to the Princess ships; sommalier, bar server in dining room, white glove service including the personal butler in the suite, Michael's Club cigar bar and an Eastern European crew who aim to please. For the price, you should give Celebrity a try. Don't miss the Thallostherapy pool in their spa. There may be a slight fee, but it is an added treat worth every penny.
Bon Voyage
Old October 30th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Sailed with Princess and with Celebrity and feel that Celebrity definitely has my vote!
Old October 31st, 2002, 02:11 AM
Frank

Nanatravel wrote:

> Don't miss the Thallostherapy pool in their spa. There may
> be a slight fee, but it is an added treat worth every penny.

We were just on the Celebrity Constellation and there was no fee for the Thalossotherapy pool. And it was great.
Frank-in-CA
Old October 31st, 2002, 07:19 AM
pops

Sailed both lines and Celebrity is a little more upscale. Celebrity has a wonderful SPA, take advantage of it.
Old October 31st, 2002, 07:51 AM
David Starkey

Have sailed both lines on several different ships, suggest you give Celebrity a try. The service and food are just a little better than Princess.
Enjoy your cruise.