CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   express check in (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/223375-express-check.html)

evalyn November 2nd, 2002 05:35 PM

express check in

I received my documents today for my trip on the Golden in December. I have read numerious times on the web that people said that they had the word "expresscheck in" on their documents. I filled all the forms out via the Princess web sight several months ago. . All the information is on the documents given to me. But nothing said "Express" This is my first time on Princess and would like to know when I arrive in FLL what line do I get into now?

Kris November 2nd, 2002 05:56 PM

Re: express check in

My express check-in sticker is on the outside of the plastic holder that encloses my documents. I didn't notice it the first time I looked. I too have completed everything online. Even with the sticker, I'm going to get in the shortest line.

Kris

Kuki November 2nd, 2002 07:53 PM

If the documents arrived filled in with the information from your online registration you can use the express check in line regardless of if you have the sticker or not.

Happened to us for last New Years. I find Princess to have the best check in process anyway. Always very smooth and short.

susancruzs November 2nd, 2002 08:00 PM

Follow Kris' suggestion and just go for the shortest line! If all your info is already filled in, the check-in process should be smooth. Princess always seems to be the most organized when it comes to check-in!

I will have to say the record goes to Celebrity this spring for the "lei'd" cruise. I was worried because I hadn't sailed with them before and thought it might take me a long time. Everyone was in the past passenger lines, I walked in, said I wasn't a previous passenger and I was done in 5 minutes flat!

Enjoy your cruise! Susie

tommy November 2nd, 2002 08:11 PM

Re: Re: express check in

The same thing happened to me and I phoned them,(1800-princess) they Fed-xed the stickers to me within 3 days

evalyn November 2nd, 2002 08:37 PM

Kris

You were right. Stupid me didn't see the sticker on the plastic pouch. Here I am looking all through the documents. Thank you everyone for your advice.

Donna November 2nd, 2002 10:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: express check in

Hi Evalyn,
As Kuki mentioned, if you go to the Princess web-site and have all that filled in, your check in will be express, even if you don't have the actual sticker. I too have found that Princess is the best when it comes to embarkment.

norm November 3rd, 2002 08:29 PM

Kris,

If you have the sticker, go to the "Express Check-In" line -- even if it appears to be longer than another. The "Express Check-In" line moves very quickly, partly because the passengers in it require very little processing (you sign for your shipboard account and they hand you your cruise card -- that's it!) and partly because it gets priority service at the counter, so it will get you aboard ship most quickly even if it is considerably longer than the other lines. The other lines are for passengers form whom have to process additional paperwork because their information is not complete. The additional paperwork may take a while, depending upon what's missing, so you really do not want to be behind those folks.

Norm.

norm November 3rd, 2002 08:38 PM

Susan,

Follow Kris' suggestion and just go for the shortest line!

Going to the shortest line is not good advice on Princess because the shortest line does not necessarily move most quickly. The "Express Check-In" process takes about 30 seconds -- you sign for your shipboard account and they hand you your cruise card, whereas the check-in of somebody whose record is incomplete, and who consequently cannot use express check-in, can take as much as fifteen or twenty minutes. Also, the desk staff usually are instructed to take the "Express Check-In" passengers ahead of everybody else, so the other lines won't move while there's anybody waiting in the "Express Check-In" line.

Norm.

Kris November 3rd, 2002 11:32 PM

Thanks Norm. Good to know. I also have observed through many movie going and grocery and department store experiences that people see a line and get in it. Kind of a herding mentality. Therefore, one line can get really long. There may be several opportunities to get in a shorter line, but people see a line and get in it without checking to see if there may be another more attractive opportunity 10 feet away. Or else they don't care. I tend to see a line and look around and see if there is a shorter line. Just the way I am.

Kris

victor November 4th, 2002 05:13 PM

Thanks Kuki. I wish I had known this last year when I took my first trip on the Golden Princess to the Carribean. I truly appreciate your advice and suggestions...always on point!

Thanks

susancruzs November 4th, 2002 07:35 PM

Thanks for the info, Norm. You are right, I'm sure. I'm just remembering the last time I checked in with Princess and that was in New York, which isn't the best port to judge check-in by.

Carole and I just opted for the short line and it worked but I'm sure that is not always the case!!! My last two cruises, I've done the short line and it worked for me but not the line to be in if people have paper work to fill out!!!

Susie