Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2002, 07:37 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

Default Sea Princess cabin assignment

I am traveling on the Sea Princes from the port of San Juan on November 30 and the travel agency told me that my cabin was guaranteed and I didnt have a cabin number until I get to the ship. How can my luggage get to my cabin if I dont have any? How secure it is? Maybe someone can help me about this, because the cruise date is near. This worry me a lot. This is my first cruise on Princess and the first time that happens to me on 15 cruises I've been.

Lillian
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2002, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Sea Princess cabin assignment

Hi Lillian,
You may want to visit the Princess web-site and get into the "personalizer", fill out all your forms on-line. When we booked our last Princess cruise with a guarantee, we did find our cabin assignment on-line when it was assigned. Hopefully you can see if you get a cabin assignment before you leave. If not, when you do put your cruise tags on your luggage, just leave the cabin number out, since you won't have it and when you get down to the pier, they will check and see there, then you can write the cabin number on the tags, since you have to actually take your own luggage to the pier these days anyway.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 4th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Lillian

Default Re: Re: Sea Princess cabin assignment

Thanks Donna for the information. I went to the Princess web but they ask for my booking ID. At this moment I don't have my documents where the ID number is on. I hope not having problems.

Lillian
Old November 4th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Call your travel agent and ask her for the booking #.
Then go back to the web site
I wouldn't worry, if you are paid up you will get your cabin.
Old November 4th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Sea Princess cabin assignment

I would also ask my travel agent to try to get the cabin #. It is rare not to have your cabin assigned before you arrive at the pier. However, in those rare cases, the stevedores at the pier will have a manifest with your cabin assignment on it... you can tag your bags there and then.
Old November 4th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Sea Princess cabin assignment

Your travel agent should have given you statement reflecting what you have paid and should have your booking number on that document. If you do not have it, ask for it. Although I am not doubting your agent, this is strange that you dont know your cabin number. I would jump on this immediately. It is your trip and your money that you have paid.
Old November 4th, 2002, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Lillian,
You can either call your travel agent for the booking number, or call 1-800-Princess, they will be happy to give it to you. Once you have that, do go and fill in all the necessary information, its a real time saver later.......

Good luck!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 4th, 2002, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Lillian,

The booking ID, which is a sequence of six letters and digits, should appear on the loose sheets of paper in the information package that your travel agent delivered (or should have delivered) to you about a month ago. This is the information package containing a booklet called "Adventures Ashore" with descriptions of shore excursions, Princess's "Cruise Answer Book" containing general information, some other miscellaneous fliers (on rental of formalwear, art auctions, etc.) and about three forms that you could return to Princess instead of submitting the information on the Cruise Personalizer. Each of the three forms will have the Booking ID printed on it.

The Booking ID also appears on your cruise ticket, of course.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old November 4th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Lillian,

It's not uncommon for cabin assignments to occur within a week of the start of the cruise. If you check the "Cruise Personalizer" on Princess's web site every few days, it will be there when it becomes official.

Norm.