Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2002, 05:58 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

Default The Letter on the Luggage Tag

I received my documents for the cruise I am going on November 30 on the Sea Princess. My cabin is guaranteed so I dont know which is my cabin. On my documents the luggage tag has a letter. Can anyone tell me the meaning of the letter .

Thank you
Lillian
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: The Letter on the Luggage Tag

Hi Lillian,
Do you recall what deck you are on? Sometimes that just stands for that deck that your cabin is on, just an easy way for the porters to sort the luggage. Geees, hope I'm right?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 5th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

Default Re: Re: The Letter on the Luggage Tag

Thanks Donna for your answer. But in my documents I have a category N guarantee cabin and it is suppose to be an inside cabin and in my luggage tag I have a G that is a outside cabin. The 2 categories are in the same floor.

I dont know about this.

Lillian
Old November 5th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: The Letter on the Luggage Tag

Lillian, going on the Sea Princess with you on the 30th - my luggage tags say "A" for Aloha deck which is where our cabin is - maybe you DO have a room assignment and are the last to know????
Old November 5th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Letter on the Luggage Tag

Thanks Becky,
Thats what I though the letter meant, so if Lillian has a "G", could still mean Guarantee and no cabin is assigned yet? She will have to either keep checking the princess site in the cruise personalizer to see if there is a cabin assignment, or check at the pier for her cabin and then put the approperate cabin # on the tags. They may even issue new tags with the correct letter for her deck?

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 5th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: The Letter on the Luggage Tag

Hi Becky, thats nice that you are going on the Sea Princess on November 30 with me. In my 14 cruises before this one, its my first time that I have a guarantee cabin. This situation is making me stressed.

Thanks for everything
Lillian
Old November 6th, 2002, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Lillian, I also received luggage tags with the letter G. I booked a guarantee category also and have not received my cabin assignment yet for a 11/23/02 sailing.

Try not to stress out over this. You may find out your cabin before you board, or you may not know until you board. Either way, you are going to CRUISE!

Just keep checking Cruise Personalizer everyday.
Old November 6th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Lillian

Default Re: Re: The Letter on the Luggage Tag

Hi Mermaid:

Are you going on the Sea Princess too? If so, welcome to Puerto Rico. I am from here. You know something? I entered to the cruise personalizer and put the ID Booking and they say that doesn't exist. What do you think about the stress I have?

Thanks for writing me.
Lillian
Old November 6th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Admiral

I am on the Golden Princess Lillian. My sister in law sailed the Sea Princess last year and loved it. I'm sure you will too.

My booking number is 6 digits, made up of numbers and letters. You put the last name and first name of one of the people on that reservation, and you're booking should come up. If it is NOT, I would call your TA.

You've got your documents, right? So try not to worry too much. Call your TA and get answers to your questions so you can relax.
Old November 9th, 2002, 08:36 AM
Me

The luggage tags for boarding are tagged according to the baggage elevator that is most-conveniently associated with your cabin (ie: F = fore baggage elevators, for the forward cabins.) I haven't had a tag with the letter "G" but I suspect you are all right -- it stands for "Guarantee" because no one knows which elevator will be most convenient.
Old November 11th, 2002, 04:38 PM
Nini

I believe the letter on the luggage tag defines the section of the ship you will be on for easy sorting of the luggage.

undetermined cabins may all have the same letter so they'll end up in the same place sailing day allowing them to reroute the bags easier for the cabin you end up in.
Old November 11th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have tickets for a Nov 30 sailing of the Dawn. My letter is A on my luggage tickets. On my cruise ticket it says Gangway A. If I have a choice, that is where I'll head for my cabin!

Kris