Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Default Still no Cabin Assignment....

Two weeks out and the anticipation builds. I'm checking cruise personalizer daily. I love the "wonder what I'm going to get" game!

Here's a ? for you Princess cruisers. The Golden is waitlisted for both early and late traditional dining. Is this normal, or do you think that more people chose traditional over PC, since it's a Thanksgiving holiday sailing? Is it normal for 2 of the 3 dining rooms to be PC and one dining room to be traditional?

And THE really big question: Will there be turkey and dressing? lolol
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Still no Cabin Assignment....

Just hang on and keep checking the "cruise personalizer", that cabin assignment can show up any day. Sounds like this is a full sailing? I'm amazed that there is a waitlist for the traditional for both the early/late seatings?? For us, we perfer the traditional dining while cruising, may-be they should re-think and add more space for that??
I think the waitlist tells the story, hope you get what you want!

Yep, I have a strong feeling you will be eating turkey and dressing :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 8th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Lillian

Hi Mermaid:

I am going on the Sea Princess on November 30 and last night I entered my ID Booking Number and there was the number of cabin that is a guarantee cabin. I think I had a good place only that it is the third cabin from the front of the ship, but I don't care because we paid very cheap for this cruise.

Have a nice trip and Happy Thanksgiving. Don't worry you will have some turkey.

Lillian
Old November 8th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hey Merm.. NOT long now!!! "They" say the closer to sailing with no cabin assignment, the better the chance of an upgrade. Maybe we'll be visiting the "Golden Girls" in the big suite!
On the Grand Class ships Princess designates only 1 dining room (the one furthest aft) of the 3, for traditional dining times. Two are Personal Choice.

Even though we chose Personal Choice right from the get go( to give it a try, even though I'm a "traditional" kind of guy), this is one thing that bothers me about Princess terminology. Your "Personal Choice" is only valid until the one "traditional" dining room is full. Everyone then automatically chooses Personal Choice<G>

With Personal Choice I'm told you can make a reservation for a particular table at a set time each evening, but with a full holiday sailing, I'd suspect that won't be possible. That was the case when we sailed the Golden last New Years.

Mrs Kuki and I will probably be standing outside the PC dining rooms each evening begging for people to sit with. If you see us there, take pity one evening <G>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 10th, 2002, 03:30 PM
susancruzs

Hey, Merm!

I was waitlisted for early traditional and finally got confirmed status! I was afraid to try PC traveling by myself because I just hate the idea of trying to find people to have dinner with every night or being thrown in with people that don't want me there!!! :-)

I've had my cabin # a few weeks now, I hope you get a greeat upgrade, I went up just one! Inside to inside!!! :-) Susie
Old November 11th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Me

We were on Golden Princess on the first cruise of this Caribbean season. It was FULL. We didn't have much trouble getting the table we wanted when we wanted it. We had absolutely no trouble reserving ahead or getting on a walk-in basis the *type* of table we wanted when we wanted it. The only question would be whether a "walk-in" might be lingering at "your" table at the reserved time. They WILL try to accomodate you, and they come very, very close, given how unpredictable a couple of thousand people's Personal Choices can be.