Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Default Beverage Cards and Room Service

Hi All,
This board is very efficient. Ask and answered. You kindly told me where we can find pictures of the new Pacific Princess... Thank you... now!

Those of you who have traveled Princess before, what information can you give us about beverage cards, both soda and adult beverages?????

Also, what has been your experience with room service? I (the husband) have this vision of eating breakfast on the balcony, you know, sort of like the lord of the manor. What kind of a menu is available for room service?

Does anyone know of a site where we could see sample ship menus?

Is there a site where we can see a sample of the ship's daily newsletter, assuming they have one?

The requested information can be for any Princess Ship as Pacific Princess (new) might still be hard to come by.

Thanks again,
Dave and Susan
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2002, 01:58 PM
kcf

Default Re: Beverage Cards and Room Service

Breakfast on the balcony? You Betcha! It's more spectacular than you can imagine. You can order any "basic" breakfast item delivered to your room. We kept it to coffe, juices and fruits. Breakfst in the dining room is quite elegent too. Didn't start one day without sipping hot coffee on our balcony. We also ordered extra juices - pineapple, orange, cranberry - kept them i the fridge for daily use. Add a little rum (or a lot) and then it's Mai Tai's on the balcony. As you can see, a balcony is worth the extra money! happy cruising
Old November 8th, 2002, 03:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Beverage Cards and Room Service

I was on the Grand in October and wrote anything I wanted on the Breakfest Menu and was delivered every morning. I got Bacon and Eggs and Pancakes and all. Have a great time.
Old November 9th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Passenger

Dave & Susan

We just got off the Golden Princess last week and this was our experience: The cost of the beverage (soda) card is now $20. IF you do drink lots of sodas, it's worth it but only buy one. It's actually a sticker that they put on your cruise card, make sure it's placed on the cruise card for whichever one of you drinks sodas the most.

Unfortunately, they don't have one for alcoholic drinks yet! Remember the price of the drinks includes the tip. You can always tip extra if you'd like. We did, and she kept coming back to check on us!

Definately have breakfast on the balcony. Write everything you want on your breakfast card (ie, pancakes WITH syrup) they need every detail! Place the card outside your door the night before and you will love the habit of getting it delivered and enjoying it on the balcony.

I do have our Princess Patter newsletters, but I have not scanned them yet. If you have enough time, I can always mail you one, just let me know. Menus are a different story.

Have a great time.
Old November 10th, 2002, 12:51 AM
cruisin' dj

FD James
I must concur with the other posters. My wife and I just returned from a fantastic 10 days on the sun princess, and started each day with coffee, and sometimes more, on the balcony.room service was fast, efficient and friendly. Basically, anything you write on that room service tag will end up on your tray, within reason... and in the dining room, you can order ANYTHING for breakfast, as long as you clear it with your matria'd the night before.(I am a high protien guy, and had 10 days of steak, or grilled chicken, and egg whites).My wife and I both got soda cards, and found that they were very good to have. In the lido, on the pool deck, in the dining room, from any waiter,or any bar, you want soda...you got soda.
as for the newsletter, the "princess patter", it is basically the same on every princess ship...or any other cruise ship for that matter. Where to go, what to do, and what time to do it.
And yes (call the grammar police) you do feel like the lord of the manor, in your princess bathrobe, sipping coffee, gliding into port , with the sun coming up. life then is truly good.
and don't miss afternoon tea!! fresh baked scone, homemade jam and fresh made whipped cream!
help me, I'm having a calorie flashback!

bon voyage, and I hope you have as good a time as we did.

Cuisin' dj
Old November 10th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Beverage Cards and Room Service

Hi Judee, Thanks a lot for the info. When you gave me the name of the newsletter (Princess Patter) I took a chance and searched for it on google and actually found a site and there was a copy of the paper. It was very general, but gave me an idea of what info is available each day. The site is:

http://www.chtalaska.com/activity2.html

Unfortunately I do have a lot of time, 230+ days.

Thanks again,

Dave & Susan

New Pacific Princess
July 1, 2003
Old November 11th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

Hi:
I've never been on a Princess ship, but his November 30 it will be my first one on Princess. I hope to have a good experience.

For some examples of menu and other things you can go to:
mytravelco.com, from the left column of the page then select cruises and then select 360 ship tours. There you will find a lot of things of the ship you are going.

Hope you like it.

Lillian
Old November 13th, 2002, 11:04 PM
cruzrabbit

Hi,
Everything you're looking for can be found at:
http://grafx.freeservers.com/cruise/cruise.htm
I sailed Grand Princess last year and had a wonderful trip = hope you will enjoy yours!
Best regards,
Lisa
Old November 14th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Hi All, Thanks for all the timely information. I'm finding it very difficult to be patient until such time as the New Pacific Princess sails under the new owners and reports, photos, etc. start trickling down.

Thanks again,
Dave

New Pacific Princess
July 1, 2003