Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Stupic Document question

I've heard of several people complaining that their Cruise Personalizer docs were completed online but when they got to the ship the staff was unable to access their info and suggested to all that you print out the info and carry it with you to the ship.

Here is my stupid question. I have my little cruise document booklet which looks like it includes all that personal information that I completed online. Why would I need to print it also from the Personalizer and carry it with me? Isn't it all right there in the docs? What am I missing here?

Kris
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2002, 07:19 AM
SpongeRob

Default Re: Stupic Document question

Doesn't look like you're missing anything. If you've submitted a credit card number for your onboard account, make sure it's correct and start packing.

Have fun!
Old November 12th, 2002, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Stupic Document question

Hi Kris,
No, you will not need to print it out, especially if everthing is already filled in from the information on-line, you are all set! You will notice how painless your embarkment process will be by having all that information already filled out!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 12th, 2002, 05:11 PM
PBP

Default Re: Re: Stupic Document question

Not a stupid question to me, Kris. I filled out all of the documents online, including the credit card info for my onboard account, and, therefore, did not think I needed to fill out the hard copies of the documents sent to me, but they made me fill them out again anyway when I arrived at the terminal. I was so angry at the waste of time. What's the point in making the documents available to you online if you have to fill them out in hard copy also???? Donna, you certainly must have had a different experience from mine.
PBP
Old November 12th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Stupic Document question

Hi Pbp,
Yes, it sure sounds like our expierences were totally different. I did forget to add, some weeks before the docs arrived, I did get the same papers to fill out and either fax back or send back and I thought that as long as I already filled them in on-line, no need to do them again, but on second thought, I figured I'd fill them out and send it, may-be that may be the difference?? At the time I thought it was stupid to fill them out on paper and send back if they already had the information on-line??

When my final docs did arrive, I had "express" check-in on the outside, so may-be it did do some good after all??

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 12th, 2002, 09:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Stupid Document question

I also have the Express Check-In sticker. My credit card info is included in the booklet. I also faxed back some requested paperwork that included pre-printed info and asked for my flight info. I am not using their transfers since I'm going in a day early but seem to have purchased them! Thanks. I think I'm set.

Kris
Old November 13th, 2002, 05:33 PM
PBP

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupic Document question

Well, Donna, I'm going to try it one more time. I'm booked on the Star in January and I have already filled out everything online. If I get something in advance to fill out and send in or fax in, then I will and we'll see if I get express check-in this time also. Thanks for the tip.
PBP
Old November 13th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Stupic Document question

Hi PBP,
Hope it works out better this time! Have a ball on the cruise.

Message Boards Moderator