Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Colette

Default Robes in cabins to use?

We will be sailing on the Star Princess on Jan 11, 2003 to the Mexican Riveria, we can't wait! I have read so many interesting things here. Here's a few questions:

I've read about bathrobes that are available for use in your cabins. I know that bathrobes are offered with honeymoon/special occasion packages, but can I use a robe for free for the duration of the cruise? If so, that's one less thing to pack.

Also, when ordering room service is it necessary to tip the delivery person? I still don't understand if the automatice tip charge covers ALL the people who are at your service. Is it true that a gratuity is charged to your account when you get a soda with your soda card? Any clarification would be appreciated.

As for the soda card, do they serve Coke or Pepsi? What beverages are free if you don't buy the soda? Is soda not even included at dinner?

Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions and comments,
Colette
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Camelia

Default Re: Robes in cabins to use?

The robes are yours to use for the whole cruise..which is really great!!

I think that Soda is charged at dinner however if you order juices they aren't..

Camelia
Old November 28th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Robes in cabins to use?

Hi Colette,
Yep, you will not need to pack a robe, just use theirs for the week. As for ording room service and tipping, just tip the person who delivers it a few dollars. When they refer to the automatic tipping, that does not include room service, just about everything else though.

Enjoy Sea Princess

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 29th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Colette,

We should mention that robes are now provided on request rather than automatically, but that there still is no charge. This cuts down on the laundry because many passengers don't request them.

Norm.
Old November 30th, 2002, 09:55 AM
First Mate

You can also buy one from them; we did purchase two, from our last cruise in 2000. I gave one to my mom for Christmas and I use the other one. I love that thing, it is so soft and feels wonderful after a shower!

Old December 1st, 2002, 06:48 AM
Austin P.

Groovy baby, Yeah!! I'm glad you asked this question because I hope you know that you will be spending most of your time OUT of that robe!!! hee hee hee!! (Especially if you want to meet Mini-me and Goldmember!) ha ha ha! Do I make you.......oh do behave darling!!
Old December 1st, 2002, 08:05 AM
susancruzs

Hi!

Just got back from the Golden! I asked the room steward for a robe and it was there very fast! Norm is right, saves on the laundry, but the request was handled super fast!

Enjoy!

Susie
Old December 1st, 2002, 11:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Robes in cabins to use?

Do I understand this correctly? You can use the robe for the week on the ship and then just leave it in your room - at no cost? If you want to keep it, there will be a charge? Wow, that's a great service! I'm curious, how much does a robe cost?
Old December 1st, 2002, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Robes in cabins to use?

Hi Deb,
If I remember correctly, the cost of the robe if you want to buy it was around $50. Although, they will get you a brand new one if you want to buy it, not a bad deal if you need a robe, just remember to save some room in the luggage :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2002, 02:44 PM
susancruzs

Yep, that covers it! Use it and then just hang it on the hook in the bathroom when you leave!

Like Donna says, save space for it, as we are talking bulky terry cloth if you're going to bring one home!!!

Susie
Old December 3rd, 2002, 09:40 AM
Admiral

FYI, those terry cloth robes are really thick and bulky. For me, they were nice for a minute or two right out of the shower, but way too hot for more than that. If you like to lounge in a robe, you might want to consider bringing a lightweight one. Silk takes up no room in luggage and weighs practically nothing.
Old December 3rd, 2002, 06:04 PM
Admiral

Deb,

You understand correctly -- you use the robe for the cruise, then leave it in the room when you depart. They will launder it (with the towels, etc.) for the next user.

On my last couple cruises, they had the robes for sale in one of the shops. I don't recall the price, but there are two versions -- standard and deluxe. The deluxe robe has the embroidered logo and trim in gold.

Norm.