Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2002, 09:03 AM
susancruzs

Default Back from Golden!

Just back from the Golden Princess and that is one nice ship. I thoroughly enjoyed the Cruise Mates cruise and can't wait for the next one, Brilliance of the Seas!

I agree with some of the comments about the layout for the dining rooms being somewhat awkward. They probably went a little overboard trying to give a huge ship a small ship feel but once you get the hang of it nothing to complain about really.

I thought the food was good, wait staff excellent (traditional), and sitting at a table for 8, there wasn't a single complaint about any choices. One couple at the table always ordered an entree each and one to split so they could try many items. Everything looked great and I really enjoyed the fish selections. I don't eat beef but wwhen others ordered, it came exactly right everytime.

I enjoyed the buffet for bfast and lunch very much but I'm totally into salad and pastas for lunch so no complaints there. Princess has the best "make a salad" selections I've seen.

I always enjoy the personnnel on Princess because they make an effort to remember names, interact with passengers, not pushy or like they have to but just friendly enough.

I didn't really find much fault with the cruise, there is nickel and diming but I pretty much ignore it, the ship is bigger than I personnaly care for but that did not keep me from having a wonderful time!

Susie
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2002, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Back from Golden!

Hi Susan,
Good to hear you had a lovely cruise. Its also nice cruising with a group, more to do with others if you care to. Welcome back. Oh, yea, and how was Princess Cays? We had to skip that on our Golden cruise and I really wanted to check that out.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 1st, 2002, 02:39 PM
susancruzs

Princess Cays was really nice! I'd have to rate it the best "out island" experience yet, I think! Plenty of room, no long lines for food or drinks, space to spread out. Didn't hear anyone complaining about it so I'd say it is definitely a hit!

Wish I were still there, sipping my drink, under a palm tree!

Susie

P.S. I know how to spell personally but couldn't remember how to edit!
Old December 3rd, 2002, 10:21 PM
Karen & Lamar

It was great to meet you and the other Cruisemates! What a wonderful cruise. We hope you have a great time on the Brilliance. Karen & Lamar
Old December 5th, 2002, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Back from Golden!

Ditto!

Jo
Old December 7th, 2002, 07:31 PM
JanMD

Default Re: Re: Re: Back from Golden!

The weather was perfect and the food was excellent. The golden is still golden. Enjoyed meeting everyone with the cruisemates. Wished we were still there, it is snowing in MD now. It is way too early for this white stuff. I have to plan the next one soon. Jan
Old December 20th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Heidilsing

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Back from Golden!

Hello fellow shipmates!

If you all came home on the 7th then we were on the same ship. I too thought the ship was lovely! The food was mostly very good! The service was good as well. I loved the balcony room and wouldn't go without one now.

As far as Princess Cays goes, I loved it. Yes it was a touristy type place. But when I'm on a Island for only a few hours, I want everything there for me to choose from. And it was in fact all there! The previous comments on the Island were most true.

I (sadly) was sick (flu) on my cruise and didn't get off on the Islands except Princess Cay. I had been to the others before though. I loved the karaoke! I'm a host here at home. I was invited to sing in the talent show but didn't feel up to par to do so. Besides there was this one women, (ok gossip) that wanted to participate in it as well and kind of ruined in for me. She was acting very competitive and it wasnt' a competition so I bowed out. I wasn't feeling well though so that was mostly it.

I have seen better entertainment all but he comedian Don Friesand. He was great! and the show with the little guy,,,,,oh can't remember his name...Rossi? anyway, he was the BEST!for sure!

SHIRLEY!

Heidi