Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2002, 04:39 PM
PBP

Default Cruise Personalizer Question

I have filled out all of the forms for my roomie and me and all of the information has been saved and is correct. However, there are red asterisks beside two forms - Immigration and Emergency Contact - and it says in red print that these forms must be completed for ticketing. I never noticed the red asterisks or the red print before yesterday when I was changing a telephone number on my emergency contact form. Since I have filled the forms out online, is this something I need to bring to the attention of my TA? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2002, 07:36 PM
Frank

Default Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

They should be highlighting or referring to some area on the form that you didn't complete or fill our right. Have someone else look at it because one has a tendency to keep overlooking things right in front of their eyes and a second person may not.
Frank-in-CA
Old December 6th, 2002, 02:46 PM
SpongeRob

I'm having the same problem. I've always found Princess' website to be a little quirky, so they might have a glitch happening.
Old December 6th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Stan

The web site is correct. Both of those forms need to be filled out. If you booked through a TA they will most likley be sent to the TA and he will forward them to you. Thes forms arrive about 60 days prior to your cruise and must be returned to Princess.

Of course it is all so much easier now to do it all online. Princess will keep this information and if you book another cruise you will not have to fill out the information again but you may want to update it.

An additional plus from filling out your orms online is that you will receive "prefered" status at embarkation, with a special line just for those that have their "ducks in a row" so to speak. You will find the "Express Check-In" faster as well.

As an additional precaution you may want to print out those forms after you have filled them in and keep them with you when you embark. It never hurts to be prepared.

Stan
Old December 6th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

The same thing happended to us. I had filled out everything online about 9 months ago. We have the same message on our booking summary. I was concerened about this and I had my TA call and verify that all the info was there and it was. We recieved out tickets Tuesday and the Express Check-in Sticker was with them. I did send the immagration info back to them and I also made a copy for myself.

Effective Jan 1,2003 the cruiselines have to have more documentaion on the passengers. So this is why this astrick is showing up. When our tickets came they had all the emergency and i immagration info on them.
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

Stan wrote:

> An additional plus from filling out your orms online is that
> you will receive "prefered" status at embarkation, with a
> special line just for those that have their "ducks in a row" so
> to speak. You will find the "Express Check-In" faster as
> well.
>
Stan:
Unless they've changed this in the past few weeks, it does not remember all your information. I've filled it out before and had to fill most of the info out again, like passport numbers, who to contact, charge card info, etc. I filled all that out for the Coral Princess cruise I'm taking in April. Recently booked the Pacific Princess for September and had to reenter all that info agian. I've written a letter to Princess about this as their web site does not allow email mesages.
Frank-in-CA
Old December 8th, 2002, 04:21 PM
susancruzs

I was just on the Golden Nov. 23. I filled everything out ahead of time and it worked fine but I did have to make sure I saved each section. When my tickets came, everything was filled in and I had an express sticker on my envelope.

At the pier, I was in line and they announced anyone with express can walk right through so I did, went to the line for my deck and in a matter of 5 minutes I was in the security line. A very painless process if you had everything filled out ahead of time.

Susie
Old December 9th, 2002, 02:12 PM
PBP

Default Re: Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

Thanks, Susan. Like Frank, I, too, filled out everything online for my last cruise with Princess but I still had to fill it out again when I got to the pier. Hopefully my docs will come with an Express Check-in sticker this time as well. My TA says those red asterisks do not go away even if you have filled out everything correctly and completely just to remind you that those forms must be filled out. Thanks, everyone, for your advice.
PBP
Old December 9th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Cosmo Borzillo

Default Re: Re: Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

I believe the red asterix are there to indicate the sections of the Cruise Personalizer that are mandatory before tickets can be issued. Prior poster is correct. The red reminder will not go away, even if everything is filled correctly. The other portions of the Personalizer that do not have the red asterix, such as choosing the shore excursions, are not mandatory prior to issuing the tickets.

If you are a Captain's Circle member, and you fill out the personal information on that portion of the website, which now includes Passport number, etc., you will not have to repeat the information in the future when you book with Princess as long as you tell the TA your Captain's Circle number. I believe all that information will be copied automatically in the future. You now get $10 shipboard credit for filling out that information in Captain's Circle.
Old December 10th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

Frank,

It has changed. The new "Captain's Circle" web site saves all your personal information in a data base. From now on, the system will pick up the information from your Captain's Circle record if you provide your Captain's Circle number when you book a cruise.

Norm.
Old December 11th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

Norm:
When did this change? I just inputted the information a week or so ago after I booked my Pacific Princess SF-Papeete 18 day cruise. I had previously filled out all this information for my Coral Princess FLL-SF Panama Canal cruise. Both of them did not have all my information. They had some, like address and ages but not passport or emergency contact data.
Frank
Old December 11th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruise Personalizer Question

That may be the reason my information is not being transposed for me. I have a couple red asterik items that I refuse to answer because they give the wrong impression. These are preferences that shouldn't be a requirement. Especially since none of the items are my preference and to chose no preference makes it sound like I don't care. I wrote a letter to Princess with my complaint about this but, as usual, no response. Even the object to chose other would suffice but it's not there.
Frank-in-CA