Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 23rd, 2002, 01:26 PM
Browezilla

Default How to find last minute Princess cruise

Hi,

There is a Princess cruise in March that I would like to hop on, but right now the fare is to0 high. In other words, I'd like to take the trip if I can get a real deal on the fare. What's the best way to get a "last minute" deal for a single on Princess? I know I risk not getting on board, but that's ok because I'm really only interested in going if I can get a great deal on the trip, which may be impossible over the spring break time frame.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2002, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: How to find last minute Princess cruise

There are few real "bargains" on Princess in March... they are pretty full and the rates reflect that... over Spring break, no less, I wouldn't count on any great change in the rate structure. Of course, one never knows.

Old December 25th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: How to find last minute Princess cruise

Browezilla,

First, I should warn you that the best deals do not necessarily happen at the last minute. Rather, Princess Cruises will offer deals as soon as it's clear that bookings are lagging on a particular cruise. Sometimes, deals offered six to nine months before a scheduled cruise draw such a strong response that the ship fills completely, or at least sufficiently to command premium fares for the duration of the booking period. Thus, it's best to watch for bargains starting several months before the cruise date if you want to find the best deals.

That said, the best strategy is to watch multiple sources to see where deals are available, then go to your travel agent to book -- or, better yet, book on board to take advantage of the onboard booking offers if you have an imminent cruise -- when you see a deal that looks attractive. I have found the following sources to be helpful in finding bargains.

>> 1. The "Deals" section of the Princess Cruises web site (http://www.princess.com)

>> 2. The "Princess" section of the American Way Cruise Vacations web site (http://www.awcv.com)

>> 3. Advertisements in the travel sections of major newspapers

>> 4. The "Bargain Finder" section of the CruiseMates web site (link on menu above)

Happy cruising!

Norm.