Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:23 PM
Passenger

Default Tahiti Princess

I want to know about the Thaiti Princess. I'v only been to Tahiti once. Truely, the most beautiful place on earth!
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Tahiti Princess

krembles,

I want to know about the Thaiti Princess. I'v only been to Tahiti once. Truely, the most beautiful place on earth!

For specifications of MV Tahitian Princess, see the post at http://<a href="http://cruise-forums...20&t=15178</a> on this message board. MV Tahitian Princess and (the new) MV Pacific Princess are identical ("sister ships").

MV Tahitian Princess currently offers three ten-day itineraries from her operating base at Papeete, French Polynesia (on the island of Tahiti). The itineriaries are named "French Polynesia and Marquesas Islands," "French Polynesia and Cook Islands," and "French Polynesia and Samoa." For dates and details of these itineraries, see the "Cruise Planner" section of the Princess Cruises web site (http://www.princess.com/planner/voya...Id=TA&resType=).

I'v only been to Tahiti once. Truely, the most beautiful place on earth!

I hope you are right, as I am going there in March!

Norm.
Old December 28th, 2002, 08:08 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

Norm wrote:

> MV Tahitian Princess
> and (the new) MV Pacific Princess are identical
> ("sister ships").
>
Norm:
Have the Tahiti and Pacific Princess (R3 & R4) started sailing yet? I'm still trying to find out if they added refrigerators to the Pacific Princess. When I go to some cam sites they still show the Pacific Princess under P&O.
Frank-in-CA
Old December 28th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

I see that the Tahitian Princess is sailing in Tahiti waters by the cruise cam. The Pacific is still shown as being under P&O and sailing around other parts of the South Pacific.
Frank-in-CA
Old December 30th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

Frank,

MV Tahitian Princess is on her inaugural voyage, which began on Christmas Eve.

MV [i] Pacific Princess [i] has a "split deployment" schedule, operating for Princess Cruises from May through October and for sister line P&O Cruises - Austrailia from November through April (give or take a couple weeks at each end). She has been operating for the Austrailian unit for several weeks now.

Norm.
Old January 2nd, 2003, 01:34 AM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

Norm wrote:

> MV [i] Pacific Princess [i] has a "split deployment"
> schedule, operating for Princess Cruises from May through
> October and for sister line P&O Cruises - Austrailia from
> November through April (give or take a couple weeks at each
> end). She has been operating for the Austrailian unit for
> several weeks now.
>
Norm:
I'm interested in a Australia/New Zealand cruise. Princess doesn't make it easy doing it this way. They show both the Star doing this cruise in 2004. I wish they'd also show what the Pacific Princess is doing. It is not convenient to have to go through P&O to get this information.

BTW, does that mean that those Pacific Princess voyages are aimed at P&O's European market?
Frank
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:42 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

WHAT WEB SITE DID YOU FIND THE CRUISE CAM
Old January 3rd, 2003, 12:00 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

HAS ANYONE STAYED ON THE TAHITIAN PRINCESS YET
Old January 4th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Jennie Lynton

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

To answer Frank's question. The Pacific Princess is in the South Pacific to cater for the many Australian cruisers who like to spend their summer holidays crusing close to home. The ship commenced cruising in the Pacific on the 18th Nov, 2002 and will finish here on26th April. The currency on board whilst in the Pacific is in Australian dollars so it would be a very inexpensive holiday for any U.S.A. citizen.
With regard to the Tahitian Princess, I would like to know what is the difference between a BA-BB Balcony and a BC-BF Balcony. Is it only the position on the deck or are they smaller. Can anyone answer this question?
Old January 7th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Jennie Lynton

Default Re: Tahiti Princess

Thanks Emma,

That has helped me a lot.

Jennie.krembles wrote:

> I want to know about the Thaiti Princess. I'v only been to
> Tahiti once. Truely, the most beautiful place on earth!
Old January 9th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

Frank,

I wish they'd also show what the Pacific Princess is doing. It is not convenient to have to go through P&O to get this information.

Princess Cruises is the agent in the United States for all sister lines, so your travel agent should be able to obtain the relevant information directly through Princess Cruises.

BTW, does that mean that those Pacific Princess voyages are aimed at P&O's European market?

No. The ship is sailing for the company's Australian sister line, which is P&O Cruises - Australia. Thus, there will be a lot of Australian passengers aboard.

Norm.
Old January 9th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahiti Princess

Jennie,

AFAIK, the standard balcony cabins and their balconies are all about the same size. The full suites and minisuites are larger, of course.

Norm.