Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2003, 03:20 PM
evie

Default mexican riviera weather

I am thinking of taking the star princess in March going to the Mexican Riviera. Can anyone tell me what the weather would be like in March. Being I am in snow and ice I want to be in warmth and sunshine. Also, anyone have any advice on a hotel to stay at in San Pedro. One that will shuttle you from the airport and take you to the ship the next day.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2003, 07:57 PM
junie

Default Re: mexican riviera weather

Just go to Puerto Vallarta all inclulsives instead of cruise. Far superior.
Old January 6th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Boop

I just took the 10 day mexican riviera cruise with Princess and it was fantastic. I've cruised with them before to NZ/Australia but this one was better - probably because the weather was wonderful - sunny and warm all the way through. If you take this trip you'll be pleased - no doubt!
Old January 9th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Tom S

Quite warm. 80's F.....sun is higher in the sky by March....a little rain maybe Pay for an LAX shuttle van on your own to something like Best Western Sunrise Hotel on Harbor Blvd. near the pier..Ph# (310) 548-1080......Have a few 'tanning salon' sessions first or YOU WILL BURN if you're a blondie......Have Fun T.S.
Old January 9th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Admiral

evie,

If you can do so, go for the ten-day itinerary aboard MV Sun Princess instead. The ship has a much better design and you'll have a couple extra days to thaw out with additional visits to Zihuatanejo and Acapulco.

On a Mexican Riviera cruise, you'll be in the tropics most of the time so expect highs around 30 and lows around 20 (Celsius, of course). You'll be transiting from Los Angeles to the tropics on the first day and transiting back from the tropics to Los Angeles on the last day. The weather may be a bit cooler on those two days, so you probably will want a sweater or a light jacket if you're going out on deck.

Norm.
Old January 20th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Colette

Default Re: Re: mexican riviera weather

We just returned yesterday from the Mexican Riviera/Star Princess. The weather was divine! Puerta Vallarta was HOT, maybe 85 with 95% humidy. Warm thick tropical air. Shorts and sandle weather. Mazatlan was a bit cooler (80 or so), a bit less humid. Still pretty hot in the sun though! Cabo was cooler (78) and more dry deserty air.

You'll have a great time! The Star Princess is unbelieveable gorgeous - everything top-notch. Bring a sweater for the indoor public places - they keep it around 60. I shivered everywhere!

I'd be happy to help with anymore questions you have about Mexico or the Star.
~Colette
Old January 21st, 2003, 02:55 AM
Eisle

Default Star to Mexico--Colette

My friends will be on the Star Princess in Feb. They are married; I am not. Would you say this is a good/safe cruise to meet others in their late 20's to 30's? I have been told that the passengers on this cruise are much older. Would you recommend the Star to a 27 year old young professional looking for Mr. prospectively right?
Old January 22nd, 2003, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Star to Mexico--Colette

Eisle,

Would you say this is a good/safe cruise to meet others in their late 20's to 30's? I have been told that the passengers on this cruise are much older. Would you recommend the Star to a 27 year old young professional looking for Mr. prospectively right?

I'm still single, and would recommend a Princess cruise to any single person without hesittation after a dozen Princess cruises. It's a good, safe environment for anybody who's travelling alone, there are plenty of opportunities to mingle and to join in group activities, plenty of variety of activities to appeal to most peoples' tastes, and plenty of variety of shore excursions when the ship is in port. I can't guarantee that you'll meet "Mr. Right" on a particular cruise, but you will have a great vacation whether you actually meet "Mr. Right" or not.

I keep reading reviews that say Princess attacts "older" passengers, but I have yet to see it. Rather, I find that most Princess cruises attract people of all ages -- your age, my age (mid-40's), senior citizens, and many in between. If you go to the sorts of activities that tend to attract your own age group (the pool games, the disco, etc.), your odds of meeting others of your own age are very good. I should also mention that the shorter (seven-day) cruises do tend to attact a higher proportion of young (under 40) adults than longer cruises.

As to meeting "Mr. Right," however, an awful lot depends upon what your idea of "Mr. Right" would be. As a "premium" cruise line, Princess tends to attract passengers with some degree of sophistication and social grace (though there's no guarantee that you won't encounter an exception), and those who are still working tend either to own their own businesses or to be professionally employed. If your idea of "Mr. Right" is a "stud" that you "pick up" at a "club" or a "frat party," your odds of meeting "Mr. Right" on a Princess cruise are pretty slim. If you're looking for a young professional gentleman, OTOH, your chances are as good on a Princess cruise as on any other cruise line.

Norm.
Old January 24th, 2003, 10:57 PM
cruisin'dj

Evie,
The pier that princess sails from in Ca. is near long beach, which has many fine hotels. If you want a truly splendid overnight(or 2) try the ritz carlton marina del rey, which is about 30-40 minutes from the pier.
as far as weather, when my wife and I sailed the mex riviera last fall,it was downright chilly leaving the port, but quickly warmed up as the ship sailed south.
when in xiuatanajo, take a taxi ride over to ixtapa, and ask to be dropped off at the beach of the barcelo resort. this beach is calm, with none of the usual hassles from peddlers, the scenery is great, and the hotel does not mind you suing the facilities.
have a great cruise.

cruisin' dj
Old January 27th, 2003, 05:50 PM
Colette

Default Re: Star to Mexico--Colette

I am married, and 39 years old, and I didn't really see many prospective "catches" for single women. But then again, I wasn't really focusing on that! I also did not participate in the pool party games, or hang out in the bars/nightclubs much. Even if you didn't meet "Mr. Right," the crew staff who organize the parties, are very outgoing and friendly and pull everyone into the fun. There were several single women I noticed getting a lot attention from the energetic party hosts. You'd still have a wonderful time going without a male companion - bring a fun girlfriend! ~Colette