Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to trishack
Default limits on teen cruisers

Our family wanted to book a cruise on the Grand this june but was told they had reached the limit of teenagers allowed. Has anyone else had this experience? What did you do?
Thanks
Trish
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: limits on teen cruisers

Trish,

Yes, Princess limits youth and teens on each sailing to numbers that the youth staff and the youth center can handle. If your preferred date is full, you could choose either (1) another date or (2) another destination. I recommend the latter, as your teens probably would have a great time on a "Voyage of the Glaciers" cruise to Alaska!

Norm.
Old April 17th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Admiral

yes, Princess does limit the amount of teenagers allowed on their cruises, its to eliminate the "Spring Break" crazyiness that other cruise lines have experienced in the past.
Old April 17th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: limits on teen cruisers

Also, as Norm stated, if they take on more teens than the teen center can hold, you end up with bored kids roaming the ship with the potential of making it less pleasant for some cruisers. I applaud Princess in trying to keep this aspect under control.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 17th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Lady Jag

This is one of the best features that Princess has over other cruise lines. They also limit kids under 2 yrs., and all other age groups. One of the things my kids like the best about cruising with Princess is that they get individualized attention with smaller groups. The counselors are more flexible and not stressed out.
Old April 17th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Frank

>One of the things my kids like the best about cruising with Princess is that they get individualized attention with smaller groups. The counselors are more flexible and not stressed out.<

If you have too many kids for the counselors they end up doing crowd control instead of fun things with the kids. As you said, it is a plus for Princess.
Frank
Old April 18th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: limits on teen cruisers

Good News. Our TA got us on our Grand Princess with our teenager. We must be one of the last to get on.

I just mentioned this because I never knew about this limit. So others were aware of it.
Old April 18th, 2003, 07:52 AM
Admiral

All right, great news! did you give your TA a big hug???
Old April 18th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Trishack,
Just curious what sailing you are going on. I will be on the June 8th sailing and can't wait! Congrats on making it on the Grand! I have sailed it once before and LOVED it. Happy cruising!

Post Edited (04-18-03 12:09)
Old April 18th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Beginner

We are going on the June 22 sailing. What did you like best about your Grand Princess experience?
Trish
Old April 18th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Lady Jag

Default Re: Re: Re: limits on teen cruisers

Not sure if you're talking to me, but we've been on the Grand twice and what we liked about it compared to other cruises is the quiet, laid-back atmosphere, no hocking of alcoholic drinks by the pool or in the dining room, the embarkation & disembarkation are the best we've ever seen and the pictures, Coke Cards and video games are much less expensive than Carnival and RCI.
Old April 18th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Trishack,
I'm 13 and I will first tell you that your teen will LOVE their experience on the Grand. When I went it was the best time of my life! As for what I liked most about my cruise experience, there is no way that I can name one thing! Everything from lounging in the pool chairs to watching the sail away to watching the comedy show was GREAT. I hope you enjoy your cruise and congrats on getting the chance to embark on such a great ship! Happy cruising!

Old April 18th, 2003, 06:27 PM
Beginner

We saw on the Travel Channel special they have mini golf. Is there an extra charge for this and is it hard to sign up to play?
I have 2 boys who would love this- Also How many ping pong tables do they have?
Trish
Old April 18th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

No charge for the mini-golf...but I forgot where they signed up for it.

Old April 18th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Lady Jag

It's hard to find - it's in the center round section, above the pool. There's a staircase on one side that you go up. Just watch the Princess Patter for hours of operation. There's no charge (as stated above) and it's usually not too crowded at the beginning of the cruise. It's a real crack-up because every time the ship moves, so does your ball. I almost had lots of holes in one, but the darn ship messed them up. (yeah, that's my story!)

My ping-pong fanatic son says there are 2 ping-pong tables on the Grand. Again, it's free.

Make sure you bring lots of money for the Voyage of Discovery video arcade section! Also, go on the ride there - it's fun. They change the screen daily. The Princess Patter will tell you when they have 1/2 price days for the ride & games. My sons love the Grand's video games - they're cheaper and newer than a lot of other ships.