Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2003, 11:28 AM
PBP

Default Express Check-in - Star

Just wanted to confirm that the Princess Web site Cruise Personalizer forms did work this time. Received tickets for departure on Jan. 25 and the Express Check-in and Platinum Club stickers were in place and there were no other forms enclosed to fill out. So thanks, Frank and Susie, for your suggestions.

Anyone been down to the Mexican Riviera recently and can tell me about the weather? With two full days at sea going down, I'm wondering if the breeze outside might be a little chilly out of L.A.
PBP
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2003, 01:26 AM
Colette

Default Re: Express Check-in - Star

Happy to report, I just returned yesterday from the Mexican Riveria, on the Star Princess! The weather was DIVINE! Yes, it is chilly out of Los Angeles, but if you sit in the sun and sheltered from the wind it's quite warm. However, they keep the inside of the ship freezing at all times. I carried a sweater and wore it constantly in the dining rooms, showrooms, anywhere indoors.

In Puerto Vallarta, it was HOT! Like 90 with 95% humidity. Shorts and sandles for sure, I was overdressed in sneakers and pants. Mazatlan was also quite hot, maybe 85, but less humidity. Cabo was 80 or so, even less humidity. On the way back to LA, it was still pretty warm both days. Be prepared for a wild ride on the way home, against current and FAST! We brought a GPS, and it often showed us at 26 miles per hour (it didn't measure the speed in knots). More than 24 hours after getting off the ship, I am still reeling from motion and pressure in my head and body from vertigo!

The cruise was awesome, the ship is unbelieveable, everything and everyone was top-notch! If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help!

Have a great trip, Colette
Old January 20th, 2003, 07:06 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Express Check-in - Star

Hi Collette... Sounds like you had a great cruise. We are sailing on the sister ship, the Golden Princess, in April.

Just for your info.... 26 miles/hour = 22.593371452406195 knots. Here's a cool online conversion site for converting just about anything you can think of... http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Regal Princess - 1996; Star Princess - 1995
Old January 20th, 2003, 09:15 AM
PBP

Default Re: Re: Express Check-in - Star

Colette, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your response about the weather. I was trying to get my clothes organized this past weekend but uncertainty about the weather severely diminished what I was able to accomplish. Now, thanks to your help, I can move on.

I do have one more question, please. My friend and I are planning to do our own thing in Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta but we are uncertain about Cabo San Lucas. Did you take an excursion in Cabo or is there anything you would recommend we do or not miss?
Thanks much,
Peggy
Old January 21st, 2003, 02:22 AM
Colette

Default Re: Re: Re: Express Check-in - Star

Hi Peggy,

I'm happy my info has helped. I know it is so hard to imagine being actually hot, when it's winter where we live.

Anyway, we had been to Cabo before, doing things on our own. We were not too impressed, so this trip we stayed on the ship - and thoroughly enjoyed it. The bay where the ship is anchored is gorgeous! And, you are only there from 7 am -1:30pm, with the ship sailing prompty at 2 pm. We heard the horse back riding on the beach was fun - we could see it from the ship. Other than that, I really don't know. Maybe you can post a new question for others to answer.

BUT... if you want the trip of a lifetime do the Sierra Madre Nature Expedition in Puerto Vallarta. It was exhilarating and sooo much fun! It's in the excursion booklet, and here is their website: www.vallarta-adventures.com. You don't get any shopping done, but you takes you completely away from the touristy stuff - which you can get plenty of in Mazatlan.

Have a great trip!
~Colette