Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2003, 10:37 PM
mat

Default Star Princess Mini-suite Questions

Read through this site and got lots of info...THANKS everyone.

For anyone who's been on Star Princess. Just splurged for our 10 yr anniversary to reserve mini-suite (categroy AC Dolphin deck) for our 1st cruise Alaska insite passage departs 6/7/03 - we are on port side. Can't wait, Planning on using our digital camera & saving to the laptop frequently....but I have a few questions if I bring a laptop...

How big is the safe? will a laptop & digital camera fit?

Outlets available - how many? where are they located? (are they grounded? polarized? should I bring a power strip? any other handy adapters?)

Thanks
Mat

P.S. if anyone has done the alaska inside passage on Star Princess... feel free to post if you have any special recommendations.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Dennis van Rumund

Default Re: Star Princess Mini-suite Questions

Hi Matt, As to the safe question, it will hold the camera, but not the laptop. Space is roughly 9x9x9. As to the mini suite, I do not enjoy the balcony due to the lack of privacy. Everyone above you can see you, but going to alaska means you were not planning a tanning on the balcony anyway, so it doesn't matter. The room itself is excellant.
That ship was huge,but I never felt crowded, except on Formal night as people were having their pictures taken. So ENJOY the Star.
Old January 24th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Dennis van Rumund

Default Re: Re: Star Princess Mini-suite Questions

P.S. Bring the power strip.
Old January 27th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Colette

We just returned two weeks ago from the Mexican Riveria on the Star Princess. The ship is absolutely beautiful! There is not a corner of the ship without a special detail added. Since you are going to Alaska, I hope they put the heater on in the inside public spaces. I thought they kept it way too chilly - like in the low 60's - I shivered everywhere.

My husband brought his GPS and wished he had brought an extension cord. We had a stateroom w/balcony (which was perfect 1/2 private, 1/2 open). The plug at the desk could handle battery chargers, hair dryers, etc. There was a plug behind the TV, which we used for the GPS. The plug in the bathroom is not grounded/polarized (?) and very limiting. I'm not sure about the mini-suites.

Have a great time on the Star - you won't be disappointed!
~Colette
Old February 1st, 2003, 04:04 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cherylinmaine Send a message via Yahoo to cherylinmaine

I think the star is sister to golden? I have pictures of an AB (same thing as AC except for the location on the ship) mini suite in the photo galleries. copy and paste http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=761 or go to Golden Princess Photos by Cheryl in the Photo Gallery.
There is tons of room for clothes in this kind of cabin, we had empty spaces! We brought a power stip and some extension cords too, as we need our Green Mountain Coffee Roasters each morning and had to bring our percolator as you will see in those photos !!! The bathroom is large compared to the other lower cats. It had a tub and shower combo and plenty of storage in it as well. The only complaint is there are two TVs but you better be watching the same channel because otherwise one tv over powers the other one. My husband brought his laptop and kept it in the suitcase under the bed (locked) when we were out of the cabin, I know it still could have been stolen, but out of sight to prying eyes anyway. You can see the balconies in the pics too, no privacy but nice for watching scenery.
Have a wonderful time
Cheryl (in Maine)

Old February 1st, 2003, 10:09 PM
rodlafond

Hi Mat,

We were in the same category mini on the Star in September 2002. Great cabin! Our only complaint was that the balcony was totally exposed. Everyone at the rail of their balconies above could note every time we were out there. No problems but I would have preferred some privacy. Since you are on the June sailing you have time to request to be moved to a higher deck in a mini. I would encourage you to request a change.

If you can swing it, one of the helicopter tours to walk on a glacier is a “must do” while in Alaska.

I brought my Digital Camera and Laptop and had no problems. I like the idea of locking in a suitcase under the bed. I will do this when we sail the Sun to Mexico in April.

I bring a power strip with a built-in surge protector. Great for my wife’s hair dryer, curling iron & other stuff too!

Rod