Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Yeoman

Default digital camers & ship computers

We just bought a digital camera to use on our upcoming cruise. While we are on the ship, how do we download pictures so we can continue using the camera once the card is full? What kind of hookups with the ship's computers will we be able to use? We were thinking we could e-mail our pictures to ourselves if the proper drives, ports for connecting to our camera, etc are available. We are really ignorant about what we can and cannot do in downloading pictures. The is an optional Flashpath floppydisk adapter that we can buy to download pictures to a floppy disk. But the eBay ads talk about software, so would the computers on the ship have this software? Or would we be able to load the software that we would need to use onto the computer we will use?
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: digital camers & ship computers

My Olympus uses the SD (secure Digital) cards and I have three of them. One is the original 8meg card that came with the camera and the others are 32meg and 64 meg.

At 640X480 I get 489 pictures on the 32 meg and 978 on the 64 meg
At 1280X960 I get 146 pictures on the 32 meg and 292 on the 64 meg.
So if I use the higher resolution I can get a total of 438 pictures. That is more than most people take. Lets see, at 24 pictures on a 35mm roll that would be almost 19 rolls of film. Do you cary 19 rolls of film on any trip. At the lower resolution that is 1467 pictures or over 61 rolls of film.

Of course you could go for the ultimate and get one of the new breed of camera that uses the CDRW and just carry a pile of blank CD's.