Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Janie

Default Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean ??

Has anyone been on the Golden Princess recentley? We are first time cruisers and want to book a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Golden for next April. Also, has
anyone heard anymore about changing the San Jaun port for the Golden? Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Pea

Default Re: Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean ??

You mean chaning the pier? The Golden is right now leaving fron the Pan American pier. By next April, that could change.

Pea
Old July 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Janie

Default Re: Re: Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean ??

Local news station in Puerto Rico reported that the Golden Princess will not dock at
San Juan anymore beginning in November 2004. Someone post this earlier and I
was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it.
Old July 9th, 2004, 09:06 AM
First Mate

We were on the Golden in May. Our first Princess cruise but have cruised on other lines. The ship is beautiful and we had an enjoyable time. We had a balcony on the Aloha deck. We sailed out of Puerto Rico (Pan American pier) and went to these ports:St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Isla Margarita, Aruba last day we were at sea. If you have any questions please feel free to emai me. We really liked the cruise and the ship, the crew were very nice and we had excellent service. we chose traditional dining. We booked a 10 day next April on the Sun Princess going Eastern this time.

Old July 9th, 2004, 09:42 PM
rob1981

I just went june 12, I know the golden is going to the meditrainean next year sometime , you might want to call. But the ship is awesome I had a blast!
Old July 9th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Lynne &Trevor

It is my favorite ship thus far. I was in Aloha 303. You will have a wonderful time. Enjoy yourself. Lynne

Old July 9th, 2004, 10:37 PM
lrmock

I called Princess as we are booked for Feb 2004 out of San Juan---and I was told that there are no plans through at least 2005 to change from San Juan. I hope this is true!
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Passenger

This is a silly question...........I am booked b2b 1/2005. Will I hear a lot of steel drums? I am hoping so! Please let me know!

Thanks!
Old July 11th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Betti

Just returned from the Golden in the Southern Carribean - ports of call Barbados, Antiqua, St. Lucia, St. Maartin, St. Thomas. Our second cruise, first with Princess. A most beautiful ship!!! Huge, but never seems crowded. We had a stateroom with a balcony on the Caribe deck...good size room, BIG balcony...larger than on the other decks. Half of it is covered, half exposed. An extra bonus, might not be important to many, but I am particular about my shampoo, creme conditioner, shower soap., and body lotion. I brought my favorite products, but never even took them out of the bag. The products supplied daily are great! We are already talking about planning another cruise, and would definitely choose the Golden, and the Caribe deck. Enjoy your cruise, and be sure to go snorkeling...a must experience!!!
Old July 12th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Glad to hear you had a good time! We are Caribe as well. After reading your comments I am counting the minutes! Were there steel drums???????

We don't go until January.
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean ??

Local news station in Puerto Rico reported that the Golden Princess will not dock at
San Juan anymore beginning in November 2004. Someone post this earlier and I
was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it.

I certainly hope not, we're booked on the November 21st cruise and a Princess rep I talked with a few days ago said that the cruise is sold out. I would think they would have close to 3000 very angry customers if they were to cancel.....

-jon-