Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Shane&Debra

Default Dumb Question: Laundry on Grand

I've been told that I obsess about the tiniest things. Now I know it's true. We're going on our honeymoon aboard the Grand 2/23. We're 1st time cruisers and are still realatively ignorant about cruising, but feel better armed with info since discovering this site. Thanks to all.

I'm renting the tux from my wedding for the week and will be wearing it to both formal nights. The question is: is there professional cleaning available on the ship? I understand that there are laundry rooms equipped with irons available, but the last thing I want to do on my honeymoon is wash the same shirt and iron it twice!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2003, 03:07 PM
LindaFaye

Default Re: Dumb Question: Laundry on Grand

Yes, cruise ships offer dry cleaning and laundry that you can pay them for. Most offer a 48 hour service, or same day for a higher price. So, if you need the Tux cleaned or just pressed they will do it. There will be a bag in your room, much like you see in a hotel room. Or you can just give it to your cabin steward.
Old January 28th, 2003, 04:05 PM
First Mate

Shane... I would suggest just renting two tux shirts to take with you. It would probably be cheaper that having one professionally laundered on the ship and a whole lot more convenient for you. If you hang your tux up after you've worn it the first night, most of the wrinkles will drape out and there should be no reason to dry clean it, unless you've spilled something on it of course.

For those who rent their tux through the cruise line, they automatically provide two tux shirts as part of the package for both formal evenings.

Congratulations on your forecoming nuptials and I know that you will have a fabulous honeymoon on board the Grand Princess. By the way... just relax and have fun. They will wait on you hand and foot.

Regal Princess - 1996; Star Princess - 1995
Old January 29th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Admiral

first off congratulations!! Point to ponder- compare the costs of extending your wedding tux rental against the cost of renting a tux on the ship. You can get a basic tux thru the cruise line for about $90.00. includes everything but shoes. You will get 2 fresh, cleaned shirts deliverd to your cabin, and you won't have to pack your tux.
Old January 29th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Dumb Question: Laundry on Grand

LisaK wrote:

> first off congratulations!! Point to ponder- compare the
> costs of extending your wedding tux rental against the cost of
> renting a tux on the ship. You can get a basic tux thru the
> cruise line for about $90.00. includes everything but shoes.
> You will get 2 fresh, cleaned shirts deliverd to your cabin,
> and you won't have to pack your tux.

When we rented, we could also rent shoes too. However, not that I bought a tux, it just took a couple of cruises to more than pay for it including shoes.
Frank-in-CA
Old January 29th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Shane&Debra,

Most tuxedo rental services offer a standard "cruise package" that includes one tuxedo jacket and pair of pants with two shirts, a cummerbund with matching tie, a vest with matching tie, and a pair of shoes if you need them (you can wear standard dress shoes, properly polished, if you have them). The going price seems to be about $85 for a week. I have also found that most tuxedo shops will throw in a third shirt and either a a second vest or a second cummerbund, which you could use at your wedding, at no additional charge if there's a third formal night. Since you're probably bringing them several additional rentals (best man, groomsmen, and fathers of both bride and groom), they ought to be very willing to go the extra mile for you.

Professional laundry and dry cleaning services are available aboard ship, but I would use them only as a back-up (in case of a spill or whatever before the last formal night).

Norm.