Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Passenger

Default golden or dawn princess

I was thinkin of cruising in nov 2003. I 've been on princess once before. Does anyone have a preference between these two ships? I have seen many negative reviews about the golden, the dawn seems nice, smaller but i am not too keen on their itiniary . it was looking at the one that goes from San Juan, to St. Thomas, Tortola etc. My first princess cruise was on the ocean princess and we went to aruba, st thomas, grenada, dominica, caracas ( i don;t know why they still go there). Any info would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: golden or dawn princess

Hi Cole,
We also cruised on Ocean Princess a few years ago and really loved the way the ship was layed out over the way Grand/Golden was. If you like Ocean, "Dawn" is a sister ship, so basically the same layout, just different decor, but I bet simular.

Definitely check out the itinaries and go with the one you want. There are a lot of nice perks when cruising Princess, so either ship would be fine, just remember how much larger Golden/Grand is from Dawn. The cabins were about the same on both, size and layout, but the pools are not "salt" water that most of the other cruiseline pools are, nice plus in my opinion.

Good luck in deciding what ship to cruise on, let us know what one you choose?

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:34 AM
Bahamama

Default Re: Re: golden or dawn princess

Yeah!!! I'm glad to hear the pools aren't salt water!!! When we cruised on Carnival, they were and I didn't like that! Thanks!
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: golden or dawn princess

If you don't like the ports that the Dawn stops at i would not pick her. If you like the smaller ship size of the Dawn, then choose anyone of her sister ships. If you want a mega ship and all that it has to offer then choose the Golden. We are going on the Golden next February and can't wait, Princess is my favorite cruise line.
Old January 31st, 2003, 06:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: golden or dawn princess

cole,

MV Dawn Princess has a much better layout than MV Grand Princess.

If you are not too keen on the itiernaries of MV Dawn Princess (which will operate from San Juan for the winter of 2003-2004), check out the itineraries of MV Sun Princess (which will operate from Port Everglades, Florida, for the winter of 2003-2004).

BTW, both of these vessels alternate between two different itineraries, so you probably can get a different itiinerary by cruising a week earlier or later if an itinerary is not to your liking.

Norm.
Old February 3rd, 2003, 11:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: golden or dawn princess

thanks norm.. I didn't know there was info on the sun princess.
Old February 4th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: golden or dawn princess

Cole,

I didn't know there was info on the sun princess.

It should be in the 2003-2004 Caribbean brochure.

Norm.