Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2003, 07:41 AM
BARRY ROSENBLOOM

Default coral princess cancelled

we were booked on the coral princess cruise for 24th december 2002 that was cancelled on the 10th.
we are trying to get compensation from princess to cover the cost of rebooking with rcl on the brilliance.
has anyone had any luck getting anything extra from this company.
we would be pleased to hear from you.
thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Default Re: coral princess cancelled

Barry,

As Mike pointed out, the only compensation for a cancelled cruise, in addition to a full refund of the fare, is a discount on a future cruise. This is customary throughout the industry as a gesture of good will. There's no requirement, either in the passage contract or under any applicable law, to provide any other compensation. Cruise lines have the right to cancel -- or to terminate -- any cruise for any reason at any time, with no obligation other than to refund the fare (or the prorated portion of the fare in case of early termination).

If your cruise booking included flights, a land tour, or a hotel stay , Princess Cruises cancelled the reservations and your refund is for the entire price of your package. If you booked any of these on your own, it was your responsibility to cancel the respective reservations before any applicable deadline and any refund is a separate matter between you and the respective airline, tour operator, or hotel.

Norm.
Old February 6th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: coral princess cancelled

My cruise on December 14 (the original inaugural date) was cancelled and I received a full refund plus $500 on a future booking. I thought that was more than fair and I've rebooked on the Coral for April.

When I saw the subject matter you entered, I was afraid a future trip had been cancelled - until I read your complaint. It would be appreciated if you would be more careful in your choice of subjects!

Why in the world should Princess give you more compensation so you can cruise on a competitor's ship ... you really are expecting way too much!