Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Marion Paris

Default Cabins on Star Princess

I booked a guarantee and just got my cabin #:

Aloha deck - A747.

Anyone know anything about this cabin? There are only 4 of them on the ship in Category C - However, they look smaller than the other C cabins. Located near the Terrace Pool, stern. Very strange. Outside, no balcony. I was hoping for an upgrade but it did not happen.

Not too thrilled about being in the stern. Does the Star have a lot of motion in the Stern. Celebrity ships are awful - lots of motion and vibration near the stern. This is our first time sailing on Princess and I hope we won't have the same problem. We were on Celebrity Mercury in November and I had to sleep out on deck the last night because the ship was going very slow back into Miami and the vibration was incredible. I wasn't the only one not sleeping, everyone complained. However, since our cabin was in the stern, we felt it more than others. The Star is so big I figured the odds were with me so I booked the gurantee and not a cabin in mid-ship. Live and learn!!!!!

Any information you can share about the cabins, especially these 4 would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabins on Star Princess

There may be some vibration, but the view will be fantastic. I think the wake of the ship is one of the most beautiful things to see, while on board.

If you are easily upset by motion and vibrations, have your travel agent e-mail Princess with that information and ask for a "mid-ship upgrade." They will honor your request, if they have such space available.
Old February 16th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Michael R

" Does the Star have a lot of motion in the Stern.?"

When we hung out at the pool on the stern and up in Skywalkers lounge we didn't notice any motion. Of course that was in port. Just kidding. Our Star cruise last September was very stable.
Old February 20th, 2003, 06:46 PM
Marion Paris

Default Re: Re: Cabins on Star Princess

Changed cabins.

Thought the guarantee was small and had portholes. Paid $99pp for an upgrade and are now in B302 - handicapped cabin - LARGE with a balcony that is 13 X 9 - think we did good on this one!

We are never in our cabin, don't know why I care about the size, just use it to change. Always out of our cabin. I have never even eaten in our cabin or on our balcony - very strange. Well, this balcony will be the king of all balconies, we may order room service and eat on the balcony!
Old February 20th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Cabins on Star Princess

You may find that with a balcony you may want to spend more time in your room.
We always book a cabin with a large balcony. We enjoy the peace and quiet as well as the scenery. Before bed we always sit out there and enjoy the stars. They are amazing.
Old February 21st, 2003, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cabins on Star Princess

Marion, once you have a balcony you will always want a balcony. Its so nice to just to be able to sit out in your jammies in the am and have a cup of coffee and watch the ship come into port, its also great to be able to open that door get some fresh ocean air and just listen to the sea! aaaaahhhhh.
Old February 21st, 2003, 03:22 PM
Disappointed

Re: Aloha A747

We were in Cabin A748 on the Star this summer. It was the worse room we ever had. Besides not having a window only a porthole, the room is much smaller than the normal outside room. We had the beds moved next to one wall and had the chair removed from the roomso we could walk around. I would never book this room again.
Glad to hear you changed your room, we tried to do that but the cruise was totally booked.

I will say the location was no problem. Since we were in Alaska, just walking out to the Terrace Pool area was wonderful for watching the beautiful Alaska scenery.

Disappointed
Old February 22nd, 2003, 05:05 AM
Marion Paris

Default Re: Re: Re: Cabins on Star Princess

Now I am REALLY glad I changed cabins.

I always go up on deck at 5:30AM I like the quiet time and feel like I am the star of the Titanic standing alone on the bow of the ship. I get my huge coffee cup filled and enjoy watching us come into port.

I might spend more time on the balcony this time - I think they have deck chairs that recline. Getting eager now, one week to go.

Thanks for all your information and help!
Old February 22nd, 2003, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi:

I am on the Star Mar 01 booked into A748. From what I can tell the cabin is 168sq ft. I spoke with Princess Agent and wased the same question you had. There should be no problem with the movement being back there. Thats where alot of high priced suites are also.

Ken
Old February 23rd, 2003, 02:16 PM
Marion Paris

Default Re: Re: Cabins on Star Princess

I booked an outside because I thought the cabin would be bigger AND I would have a window.

I did not like the idea of having a porthole. For the small upgrade charge of $99 I really feel like I am getting my moneys worth. We went from 168 sq. ft. to 368 sq. ft with a huge balcony.

If you can upgrade, give it a try. We had to wait until the last week to get our cabin changed but it was worth it. We also moved from Aloha to Baja deck.