Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Star Princess Mini Suite Question

I have a guarantee for a mini suite on the 04-05 sailing of the Star. I've noticed that the AA mini-suites are priced about $700-$900 more per person than the A.B. or A.C. mini-suites. (For those booking with a cabin number and no guarantee)

From the map of the ship, it appears that all of these cabins (AB AC AND AA) are identical other than their location on the same deck. Why are the AA cabins so much more expensive? Is the price only because they are mid-ship, or am I missing something?

We don't get seasick ever ,so fore or aft is fine with us. Our travel agent said we could request by e-mail a "mid-ship" upgrade and that often Princess would honor such upgrades. I don't see the point unless the AA cabins are better in some way.
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Kathy Vetter

Default Re: Star Princess Mini Suite Question

We were in an AA mini suite on the Grand last year. The only difference is the location. Mid ship. We have the same situation as you on the Golden for this spring. AA suites are $900 more than AB. Don't forget that "Mid Ship" cabins put you closer to everything. Since the AB, AC, AD cabins were all priced the same, we took AB.
Old February 16th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Star Princess Mini Suite Question

Thanks,

It is just hard to justify the extra expense. ($1600) We will gladly walk a few extra steps when trying to navigate to our next activity. And you never know, we could end up with an AA cabin anyway.
Old February 22nd, 2003, 04:13 PM
Frank

Default Re: Star Princess Mini Suite Question

I wonder if anyone knows how this compares on the new Coral Princess. We booked an AD cabin and have been "upgraded" to an AA. The AA on the Coral is not mid ship but towards the front of the ship. The only thing I can figure is that where our cabin is located on the Baja deck (205) it looks like no one is above us. As someone else said, they all are the same size so why the different categories?
Frank-in-CA