Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Marion Paris

Default Towels on Princess

This will be our first time on Princess.......

Do they supply you with towels like they do on Celebrity near the pool?

Should I bring my own?

I thought I read that they give you pool towels in yor cabin, is this true?

What about the soda cards? How much and where can you use them? Are they good only for cans? Can you use it for a glass of soda in the lounge areas?

Thanks for any information you can share.

Marion from Buffalo
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Towels on Princess

Marion..
Princess does place your pool towels in the cabin. You are responsible for returning the towels to the cabin, or you'll be charged.

Soda cards for a 7 day cruise were $22.50, and that included an insulated cup they give you. The card is ONLY good for fountain soft drinks, NOT cans.

Regards,
Kuki

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 20th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Towels on Princess

Hi Marion,
No, you don't need to bring any towels, your cabin attendant will supply you with fresh ones every evening. Just remember to bring your used towels back and he/she will replace them.

Haven't bought soda cards, but I do know its for the soda fountain drinks, not cans.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 22nd, 2003, 05:08 AM
Marion Paris

Default Re: Re: Re: Towels on Princess

Where do they serve fountain soda? If I were sitting by the pool, could I get a soda? On celebrity you get cans when you order soda and can't use your card in the theater or lounges.

Don't know if it is worth the $22 to get the card. I bring my own soda on board and keep it in the cabin. I have a small portable fold up cooler that I bring with us when we go into port or to the beach.

Thanks for the info
Old February 22nd, 2003, 03:04 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Towels on Princess

Marion Paris wrote:

> Where do they serve fountain soda? If I were sitting by the
> pool, could I get a soda? On celebrity you get cans when you
> order soda and can't use your card in the theater or lounges.

If you order a soda by the pool or in a theater or lounge, be sure to show them your card otherwise they will bring you the can and you'll be charged extra for it. I don't know if Princess, by including a gratuity in the purchase of the card, eliminates the problem we heard about on Celebrity. People in a theater or at the pool either would never see the server again or much later than the other people got drinks that had a gratuity involved. It seemed like they put you at the back of the line or "forgot" one's order when they had the soda card.
>
> Don't know if it is worth the $22 to get the card. I bring
> my own soda on board and keep it in the cabin. I have a small
> portable fold up cooler that I bring with us when we go into
> port or to the beach.
>
The only reason I'd bring soda on board is if I couldn't get what I wanted on board. For example, my wife is diabetic and has to have diet drinks. She doesn't like Coke and prefers something like a diet ginger ale. They usually don't have that on board. Otherwise, I don't think it is worth the hassle to bring soda on board. The few dollars one saves is miniscule compared to the entire price of the trip.

Another thing about the soda card. These fountain drinks sometimes vary in flavor depending on how diluted the apparatus is set for. We've decided that we won't do the card anymore. But if we had kids, that would be a good deal. Kids aren't as fussy and they sure do down the soda.
Frank-in-CA
Old February 22nd, 2003, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Towels on Princess

Marion, wish I could offer input, but we are not big soda drinkers.

At $1.5 a drink, I think you can do the math. :-)

Harry
Old February 25th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Colette

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Towels on Princess

I am a diet coke drinker, and I loved having the fountain soda which was available anywhere on the ship, anytime you wanted it. (Ask for little ice, or you'll get a cup packed with ice, and need a refill too soon). The mix was always right on too!

I especially enjoyed the huge 32 oz. cups they have at the bars by the pools. I thought it was a real treat, even though I brought a few of my own just in case. And...the entire morning of disembarkation, the soda was available at the bars.

The coke tumbler they want to sell you for another $2.50 was very small though. We measured just for fun, and the glass in the bathroom held more than that tumbler with ice in it! We only used it the first day, then it spilled in my totebag because it's not sealable. I gladly said forget that thing!

I never had a problem with the cocktail servers in the lounge not bringing me a soda either. It was a fair and super convenient program, I thought. They only glance to see if you have the sticker on your card. Hope this helps! Enoy

~Colette