CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Pricecutting on Med. Cruises (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/223779-pricecutting-med-cruises.html)

hallsuk2 March 11th, 2003 01:49 PM

Pricecutting on Med. Cruises

Hello,
Can any of our fellow cruisers confirn that cruise prices are being slashed on your side of the pond.
We are booked on the Golden sailing Venice to Barcelona on the 10th of June and here in the U.K. we are seeing signs of price cuts on sailings prior to ours.As we have to pay the final payment soon we are watching the situation carefully fully knowing that Princess will probably cut prices after final payment date.
Anybody any thoughts on the subject.
Regards,
iain

Frank Black March 11th, 2003 02:41 PM

Re: Pricecutting on Med. Cruises

I have been watching Celebrity cruises. They art offering $300 roundtrip airfare from California. I have not seen prices drop yet. I suspect they will once the summer cruise season approaches.

Thomas M. March 15th, 2003 11:07 AM

Hello,

my TA faxed me some flash promos last week. I could get a 12 day cruise on Royal Princess 799$ inside, 999$ outside. I believe, Golden Princess is starting at 1099 these days.

Regards,

Thomas

Browezilla March 16th, 2003 10:22 PM

I just got a promo from Princess for $799 for the 12day Golden in the Med in May (Barcelona to Venice). What an incredible deal. I would love to go but so far have been unable to find someone to go with. The single rate is $1450. By the way, the deals specify that the rate only applies to new bookings. I've seen this happen on other lines, so I suspect the benefit of "if the price drops you get to participate in it" is going by the wayside. That's unfortunate, but understandable I guess. Right now it seems that the best deals are available last minute.

Joy Shaw March 21st, 2003 08:22 AM

We will be sailing on the Golden July 28th from Venice to Barcelona and our trip dropped $400 since we booked it.

Peabodynvl March 22nd, 2003 10:36 AM

If you are outside your final payment, the price drop will be honored. This is because you could possibly "cancel" and then rebook if they wouldn't give you the price...and that is just too much of a hassle for everybody.

Inside the final payment, if the prices drops, whether you will get anything is anybody's guess. Sometimes, if your travel agent pushes hard enough, you'll get a shipboard credit. Or if you have cruised a number of times, you may get the reduction because of loyalty. Other times, they will just not give you the reduction if the promotion says "new bookings only". If you do get a price reduction after final payment and with a "new booking" promotion, consider yourself lucky and be thankful. But, by no means should you automatically expect it.

Pea