Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2003, 12:49 PM
hallsuk2

Default Pricecutting on Med. Cruises

Hello,
Can any of our fellow cruisers confirn that cruise prices are being slashed on your side of the pond.
We are booked on the Golden sailing Venice to Barcelona on the 10th of June and here in the U.K. we are seeing signs of price cuts on sailings prior to ours.As we have to pay the final payment soon we are watching the situation carefully fully knowing that Princess will probably cut prices after final payment date.
Anybody any thoughts on the subject.
Regards,
iain
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Frank Black

Default Re: Pricecutting on Med. Cruises

I have been watching Celebrity cruises. They art offering $300 roundtrip airfare from California. I have not seen prices drop yet. I suspect they will once the summer cruise season approaches.
Old March 15th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Thomas M.

Hello,

my TA faxed me some flash promos last week. I could get a 12 day cruise on Royal Princess 799$ inside, 999$ outside. I believe, Golden Princess is starting at 1099 these days.

Regards,

Thomas
Old March 16th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Browezilla

I just got a promo from Princess for $799 for the 12day Golden in the Med in May (Barcelona to Venice). What an incredible deal. I would love to go but so far have been unable to find someone to go with. The single rate is $1450. By the way, the deals specify that the rate only applies to new bookings. I've seen this happen on other lines, so I suspect the benefit of "if the price drops you get to participate in it" is going by the wayside. That's unfortunate, but understandable I guess. Right now it seems that the best deals are available last minute.
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:22 AM
Joy Shaw

We will be sailing on the Golden July 28th from Venice to Barcelona and our trip dropped $400 since we booked it.
Old March 22nd, 2003, 09:36 AM
Peabodynvl

If you are outside your final payment, the price drop will be honored. This is because you could possibly "cancel" and then rebook if they wouldn't give you the price...and that is just too much of a hassle for everybody.

Inside the final payment, if the prices drops, whether you will get anything is anybody's guess. Sometimes, if your travel agent pushes hard enough, you'll get a shipboard credit. Or if you have cruised a number of times, you may get the reduction because of loyalty. Other times, they will just not give you the reduction if the promotion says "new bookings only". If you do get a price reduction after final payment and with a "new booking" promotion, consider yourself lucky and be thankful. But, by no means should you automatically expect it.

Pea