Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Mary Ann

Default Ages on Princess

We are booked on the Golden Princess for New Years. We are 43 and our kids are 13 & 10. Are we making a mistake? I just read somewhere that the average age on Princess is 50. (We aren't to far away from 50 ). We just want to make sure the kids will have friends. We were also looking into the new Rccl ship the Mariner of the Seas she is due to come out in 10/03. Do u think we may find a younger crowd on Rccl? We were on Carnival last New Years we were not impressed but, we had a good time The kids had a blast. Any input would really help us make our decision. Thanks

Mary Ann & Scott
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2003, 08:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Ages on Princess

Princess limits kids but I think you will enjoy it still -- we said 75 percent above 50 and 25 percent below when we got off last Saturday. Kids still had a great time. Personal Choice is perfect with kids.

Harry
Old March 13th, 2003, 11:33 PM
DL

I don't think you are making a mistake at all. My girlfriend and I sailed the Golden Princess in April 2002. We were 26 and 23 at the time. There was a very nice mix of ages on the ship. Plenty of kids and plenty of activities for the kids also if I remember correctly. They have whole areas of the the ship dedicated to children. If I had to guess and average age of people on our cruise, I would put it at about 40. Your whole family will have fun!!!!
Old March 14th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

MaryAnn,
We took our boys (a few years older than yours) on the Golden Princess for New Years, a year ago. There were plenty of kids in all age ranges, so I don't think that would be too much of a problem. Also your boys are still in a good age for kids programs, where they'll meet many others.

BUT.. I think I might still recommend the RCI mega ships over Princess. A more active general program for everyone in the family I'd say. And these ships are so heavily marketed to families it may just be more the experience you're after.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 14th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Admiral

you will find all age ranges, we sailed on the Sea Princess, right after New Years a couple of years ago, and we wished we had brought our teenage son, and since you are going during Christmas break, most likely there will be plenty of kids for your kids to hang around with.
Old March 14th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Mike R

We just got off the Star Princess last Saturday. We looked into the programs offered for kids- they looked great, and yours shouldn't have any problem meeting others and having a lot of fun. We are considering taking ours next time. The teens on the ship started hanging out together, eating together, etc. There are activities to keep them busy.