Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Passenger

Default star princess & cabo stop

We will be taking a family cruise this April. Small family reunion my family of 4, my sisters family of 4 & My mom & dad. They are Seniors, I am curious to know about the stop in Cabo. How accessable it is to get to and from shore. They do have some bit of trouble. Would not want to see them jumping from a water taxi. If anyone has info please let me know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2003, 08:17 AM
Mike R

Default Re: star princess & cabo stop

The tendor used to transport you to and from the ship worked well. Easy getting off at the dock, a little wavey when we returned to the ship, but that was just due to our own wake. The personel on the tendors are very helpful getting you on and off. Cabo wasn't that big a deal for us though, and next time we probably wouldn't even get off the ship. Not enough time, and its all just a huge resort area. We prefered seeing the old town of the other 2 stops much better. We just returned from the Star last Saturday. You'll love the ship. We had a terrific time, and can't wait for the next trip.
Old March 14th, 2003, 09:37 AM
lak

I don't think you'll have any trouble with your parents getting on and off. Like the other person said, the ship's personnel are very helpful in making sure nobody falls, etc. I loved Cabo! We did an excursion that takes you on a boat ride to see the arches of Los Arcos (which was incredible!) and then to a hotel at which we used their beach chairs, etc. for a few hours of playing in the water and sunning. In Puerto Vallarta we swam with the dolphins which was the most amazing excursion I've EVER done! It was wonderful and I'd do it again in a minute! You will love the ship - -it's beautiful. I hope you all have a great time!
Old March 14th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: star princess & cabo stop

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my post. So glad & excited to be going.
Old March 14th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Admiral

bamasmary,

In Cabo San Lucas, your parents probably would enjoy one of the boat tours that go to "Los Arcos" (also known as "Land's End"). This area features some unique rock formations and an up-close look at the wildlife of the area. If they can get a "glass bottom" boat, they also will see very colorful marine life along the way.

Norm.
Old March 16th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Frank Black

Personally I would not take the glass bottom boat tour any more in Cabo. I have done it 4 or 5 times and always worried about the safety of the little boats and attitude of the crews. Read the following story form 2001. You are betetr off taking a taxi on a tour of the area.

An excursion boat capsized off Cabo San Lucas last Friday, claiming the lives of three passengers from Carnival Cruise Line’s Elation. Paulina Armijo, 54; Dorothy Farnman, 32, and Elizabeth Steven, 64 drowned while 14 other passengers were rescued when the boat overturned in rough seas. The 18-foot boat was on an excursion to Los Arcos, the Baja California landmark near Cabo San Lucas.
Old March 17th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Frank, I did it for the 3rd time last week, and I have to admit this time I got scared -- we hit a lot of rolling when we enetered the Pacific side. I DID ask if they had life preservers and they said yes. Get to the boat, and none. Next time I will insist on ione with preservers.

Harry
Old March 17th, 2003, 12:24 PM
lak

Default Re: Re: Re: star princess & cabo stop

You're welcome -- have a great trip!

Regarding the glass-bottom boat discussion below, I'd highly recommend sticking with the Princess excursion to Los Arcos if you choose to go there. It is on a very large boat with upper and lower observation decks. I would not venture out on my own in such a situation -- I'm not that brave!