Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2003, 09:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anyone here for the Star 4/5?

I know there is a bunch on the Cruise Critic board for the 4/5 cruise, but hadn't seen it over here...........we're two couples, 50's, and looking forward to having a great time........guess I'd better start packing......
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2003, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Anyone here for the Star 4/5?

We're on Star this Saturday as well. I can't wait!
Old April 3rd, 2003, 09:58 AM
Bluetahoe

We are also on the Star this Saturday. Celebrating my 40th b-day and our 16 th
anniversary. This is our first cruise and I am sure not our last. Here's to smooth sailing and warm (dry) weather. My husband needs your prayers. I am a dye in the wool mega
over packer!! We are up to 3 LARGE suit cases, 1 laptop pc and 2 carry ons ( one with our favorite wines). He may be wearing a back brace by the time I am done making sure we've unloded the whole house into those suit cases. See you all there.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 06:06 PM
Admiral

We're schlepping nice wines as well. We're bringing several bottles of Oregon Pinot Noir. We went tasting in the Willamette Valley a few weekends ago and bought some very nice '00s and one '01 that had just been bottled.

F.Y.I. In P.V. there is a store called Mega that has an excellent selection of wines. Monte Xanic is great vineyard with some of the very best Mexican wines. They actually export many of their wines to Paris. They get their oak casks from the Rothchilds in France. Mega also carries French, Spanish, U.S., and South American wines as well. Groceria Riso (GR) in downtown P.V. also has a fair wine selection.

Wine gets heavy, so it's nice to know you can buy some along the way, as necessary.

David and I will be in cabin D-732 if any cruisemates wish to get together for drinks, wine, etc.
Old April 4th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Passenger

We are on the 4/5 Star and it is also our 16th wedding anniversary. I am bringing 1/2 case of bubbly and 1/2 case of wine. Heck between the three of us we could have our own wine tasting. We are in B751. Its much easier too bring your own wine when all you are doing is driving 30 miles to the port. See you on board, Erik
Old April 4th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Wow, we have a bunch of oeniphiles (sp?) on board! Thanks for the info on the store in Puerto Vallarta.......wondered what we were going to do there!
BlueTahoe's husband and my husband could sympathise.......I keep telling him it's the SHOES!!! (and all I bring are sandals............)
Guess we're the oldies on board, our 38th Anniversary...........and cruising is the BEST way to celebrate, isn't it?
I think someone on the Cruise Critic board has posted a suggestion as to where to meet, if anyone is interested, at 9:30 Sunday morning.........of course, I don't know if they mean 9:30 "old" time or "new" time..............guess we'll take coffee!
Safe travels to all heading for "their" ships..........and smooth seas.
We're out the door, and on our way!!!
Old April 4th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Admiral

Eric, You have the suite. What time is the party?

Just Kidding! I couldn't help it! Bon Voyage!