Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2003, 01:15 AM
Beginner

Default Free Alcohol

Are there any times when drinks will be "on the house"?
Thanks, Dwayne
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2003, 09:32 AM
BillF

Default Re: Free Alcohol

At the Captain's Reception /Cocktail Party free drinks are served. Waiters carry trays of mixed drinks but you can walk up to the bar and order anything else you might want. It only lasts an hour and they will only serve those dressed for dinner, not someone in their bathing suit.
Old April 6th, 2003, 02:28 PM
Beginner

Was this on the Golden Princess that you could get mixed drinks at no charge during the caption's cocktail hour? I have never heard of this on any other ship---usually just the wine that they bring around on the trays, not even mixed drinks were served. We are sailing on the 12th and with our whole family along, would be a GOOD time at the captians party!!!!
Old April 8th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Passenger

Default Plenty of Free Booze

1. Captain's Reception - held twice on the first formal night - total of 2-3 hours of free booze.

2. Champagne Art Auctions - free champagne served during at least 2 of the daily art auctions - several hours of free-flowing bubbly

3. Captain's Circle Party - held twice on the second formal night for Captain's Circle members. Just like at the Captain's Reception you are not limited to the prepared drinks they carry around. You can order whatever you'd like. Another 2-3 hours of free booze.

4. Midnight Champagne Waterfall - held the second formal night. More free champagne if you're still standing after the Captain's Circle Parties.
Old April 8th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Lori Messing

Thanks for all the drinking ideas. I will need them. I am going with my family on April 12. My parents and I have never gotten along and it is their 60th wedding anniversary. Nothing has changed.
Old April 9th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Free Alcohol

For all the cruises I've been on and Captain's Circle parties attended, I've never asked for anything from the bar as I thought one was limited to what the waiters brought around. I'll have to check that out on our upcoming cruise. I know I could order whatever I wanted from waiters on Crystal cruises but not on Princess. One thinks they are seasoned cruisers but there still is a lot to learn from these forums.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 9th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Frank, you may have to be a bit assertive (in a kind way) with some of the cocktail servers. Many of them thought we were limited to the prepared drinks carried on their trays. When I assured them we were free to order a drink of our choice, they checked. I enjoyed several complimentary Grand Marnier's at these parties last month. Just remember, if the cocktail server insists you must pick from something on the tray, gently remind them of your options. Let us know how it works out for you next time.
Old April 10th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Frank

Thanks for the information. I expect on our 15 day cruise we will have a couple of these parties so I'll see how this works.
Frank
Old April 15th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Free cocktails at the Captain's Welcome party and the Captain's Circle party ... and yes, you can order what you want ... however the parties are only about 45 minutes long and then they cut out the free stuff. This was on the Coral last week and on several other cruises with Princess.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old April 16th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Frank

>however the parties are only about 45 minutes long and then they cut out the free stuff. This was on the Coral last week and on several other cruises with Princess.<

That's been my experience too with these parties. Did they seem crowded, making it difficult to get a drink? How did you like the Coral overall. Any items like noise, rocking, vibration or such? Hopefully they've fixed all the initial problems but I guess I'll find out for sure next week when we embark at FLL.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 16th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Frank:
Don't forget to let us know how the Coral is. Have a great vacation!
Old April 17th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Frank

It may take me a while to get caught up when I get back but I'll post when I get back.
Frank