Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Leon DeMent

Default Tahitian Princess shore excursions

My wife and I are booked on the July 2nd sailing of the Tahitian Princess out of Papeetee. We would be interested in any recommendations regarding shore excursions on Huahine, Rarotonga, Raiatea, Bora Bora and Moorea.
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Tahitian Princess shore excursions

Go to www.cruisecritic.com, then go to the message boards, then go to Princess Cruises. Do a search for Tahitian Princess. There are tons of posts about shore excursions on your own. Or do searches by posters. These are particularly good: New York Lady, GottoCruise, Valmouse, Carol_Hill.

We depart May 1st for the May 3 departure. I did cut and paste all the postings into a separate Word document for each island. If you are interested, please send me an e-mail to craven3@adelphia.net and I will send them as attachments to you. Just let me know in the subject line it's about Tahitian Princess cuz I delete all that seem to be spam or don't have a subject.

The two that seem to be best are Johnny on Bora Bora (phone number is the last piece on my Bora Bora Word document) and Mark on Huahine.

Charlotte Craven
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Passenger

I have heard that shore excursions are more expensive if you book with Princess. I hear that you can book most excursions on the docks for a better price. Are there any excusions that I should book with Princess because if iI don't, I may not get on it?

Guy & Shanda,
May 23rd cruise
Old April 19th, 2003, 03:21 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Tahitian Princess shore excursions

In all cases, shore excursions booked through Princess will be more expensive. They do get a cut for their services as any broker would. One thing to consider, the ship usually will not sail when a ship arranged shore excursion is late in getting back. But if your late on an independent trip, you are responsible to get yourself to the next port at your own expense, to reboard the ship. You have to determine if those few extra dollars are worth any peace of mind.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 20th, 2003, 03:44 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Tahitian Princess shore excursions

I tryed to book with Princess on Rarotonga for the Motu coral islet with swim and snorkel and a barbecue on the beach. I was put on a waiting list. So I presume it is already sold out with Princess. Does anyone have an address where I can book this directly? Or a phone number. Or a Fax.

Thank for any help,
Guy & Shanda
Old April 20th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahitian Princess shore excursions

For our upcoming cruise, when we first applied on line for the shore excursions we wanted, one of them came up as being on a waiting list while the others were confirmed. Later, as more people requested the excursion, they added more capacity and our waiting list changed to confirmed. So this could happen to you unless they said sold out instead of there being a waiting list.
Frank
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:33 PM
boney

If you are to late to book the glass bottom boat and lagoon snorkel on a motu coral islet with barbecue in Rarotonga, here is the phone number. It's about $2 a minute, but you won't be on the phone for just a minute or 2 at the most. 011-682-20-810 It's about $30
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tahitian Princess shore excursions

Got it. Thanx
Old June 17th, 2003, 07:33 PM
kathy andrson

Hi, we are going on the TP on Sept 1oth. I would love all the info you have. Which airline did you go on? How long is the plane rideto Papateefrom LAX?Which excursions did you go on. I am a scuba diver, did you heard any news about diving? Thanks, Kathy
Old June 18th, 2003, 04:47 PM
kathy anderson

Charlotte,

I would love to receive your information on Tahitian Princess.

Kathy
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:38 PM
rberne1

Kathy:
We were on the 4/23 cruise. Loved it!! Flight from LAX is about 8 hours - took ATN down and Omni charter back. Both were fine considering the long flight. Don't bother with the air deviation, wouldn't be worth it. No one is going to be comfortable on any airline for an 8 hour flight.

Did Princess excursions: Muri lagoon-Raratonga; forgot the name of it but it's the excursion for snorkeling and then a moto picnic on Huahine, and then the drift snorkeling excursion Raiatea. All were excellent! Book early and on line. On Bora Bora, we booked our own on the pier. We booked a shark and stingray feeding trip through Top Excursions-$50/pp. This one was the best! Excellent diving on this island as well. Crystal clear water. Don't miss Bloody Mary's resturant on Bora Bora either - well worth it for lunch. And take a peek in the men's room . . . you'll understand what I mean when you do. On Moorea, we rented a moped, circled the island and purchased black pearls.

This cruise was by far the best we've taken! Your gonna love it!

Happy Cruizin'

Jubilee - 94
Elation - 01
Sea Princess - 01
Tahitian Princess - 03
Carnival Pride - 03
Tahitian Princess - 04
Old June 20th, 2003, 10:02 PM
kathy andrson

cHARLOTTE,

tHE EMAIL ADDRESS i HAVE FOR mARC IS IN fRENCH AND IT IS NOT WORKING. hOW CAN i REACH HIM? Kathy
Old June 21st, 2003, 11:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Tahitian Princess shore excursions

Old June 21st, 2003, 06:43 PM
kathy andrson

Thank for this information. I would hate to miss a trip with him.

Kathy