Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2003, 05:16 PM
HavnFun

Default Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Going on the Coral Princess next January. Looking for some recommendations on hotel to stay the night before cruise. We will have our own car and want to know if hotels let you park your car at their location while you are on the the cruise, or if we should park at the pier, if this is possible.
Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Fla Jack

Default Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Havnfun- Try the Amerisuites on 17th in FLL. They allow you to leave your car in their lot while you cruise at no charge. They also offer a decent cont. bkfst. & transportation to the pier.If you are cruising on a Sat/ Sun tho-take a cab. The shuttle can be very competitive. We live in the Tampa area & have done this 4X's. E-mail me OTB for more info. regards Jack
Old April 7th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

We live in Tampa, too, and were going to drive over the night before for our cruise (which is NEXT WEEK!).

After hearing all the recommendations on this site, I tried for the AmeriSuites, but they were full due to a swim meet or something else at the World Swimming Hall of Fame (who knew it was in Ft. Lauderdale?)

Anyway, there are several hotels around the airport that will also let you leave your car there for free while you're cruising. They had shuttle service to the port the day of your cruise, but not back to the hotel on the day you came back. They thought taxi would be about $10.

We made reservations at the Hampton Inn, but I just cancelled them today because we decided to drive over the morning of the cruise (leaving at 6 a.m.)

Lots of hotels I called that were close to the port called charged if you wanted to leave your car at the hotel while you were gone. I really have no idea about the security at any of the aiport hotels. They said the lots were patrolled, but if that is an issue for you, might be something to think about.

So, if the AmeriSuites is booked, you can always try a hotel closer to the airport.

Good luck.

Nancy
Old April 8th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Kathy Vetter

Default Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Stayed at embassy suites. I think they charge for parking as their lot was gated. Taxi ride to Port Everglades was $3.50 for three passengers.
Old April 9th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Embassy Suites- shuttle service to pier included in cost of your room, also included in the cost is a full breakfast and they have an open bar cocktail hour in the evening. Don't know about a charge for parking.
Old April 10th, 2003, 12:32 AM
HavnFun

Default Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Thanks for the advice about Amerisuites. Haven't made reservation with them yet, but think I will. They said we could park our car there while on the cruise. Sounds good, except the price. But no charge for parking is great. Plus, you said the hotel was good also. And that means a lot to us. Thanks again for your reply to my questions.
Old April 10th, 2003, 09:52 AM
Kathy Vetter

Default Re: Re: Re: Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

Try price line.com. Many posters here get great deals. We paid $70.00 for Embassy. Others have gotten a room for $50.00. There are only a few 4 star hotels in Price Lines inventory. I think they are Embassy Suites, Amerisuites, Marriott Marina, and Renaisance. Someone correct me if I'm wrong
Old April 10th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Peabodynvl

If you try Priceline, try for the Marriott Harbor Beach, the only resort level hotel in the Fort Lauderdale Beach zone. It's the only ohtel right on the beach. Through Priceline, we got it for $90, $5 less than my friend was able to get the Embassy Suites (she went at spring break time). I'm not sure about the parking policy there, but have heard there is a garage for parking near the pier.
Old April 10th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Note: Haven't heard a lot of positve feedback on AmeriSuites, my TA told me it was kind of run-down, and she wouldn't book us in there.
Old April 10th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Peabodynvl

HavnFun -

Try going to www.biddingfortravel.com or www.biddingfun.com. These sights will walk you through the process. It really helped us.

Pea
Old April 11th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Beginner

I booked the AmeriSuites off of 17th st, for April 21, thru Hotwire for $47 plus tas. Although you don't know the actual name of the Hotel until you book you can figure out if its the AmeriSuites if you try hard. Besides a great price they pick you up at the airport, take you to the cruise terminal and give you a free breakfast.
Old April 12th, 2003, 01:26 AM
HavnFun

Thanks once again for all your tips. I read the www.biddingfortravel.com site. Still trying to figure it out. My cruise isn't until January, and it looks like it is too early to bid on priceline. Am I correct in this thinking? Amerisuites and Embassy Suites look good. I sure would like to book them through priceline or hotwire because the cheapest rate I can get is $130 plus tax for Amerisuites if I book directly through hotel. I haven't read the hotwire site yet. Thanks again.