Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Princess - Anti War Show! Read This

It's amazing that most , if not all of the adjectives describing the brutality of war is penned or spoken by someone who has never had their foot in a combat boot, never smelled the smell, never heard the roar and noise, never felt the sickening fear that you will probably die at any second and yet lived to do it all over again and again.

All the protesters and peaceniks in the world have never won a battle except maybe with the local police. But their right to be a peacenik and protester has been paid for by unnamed soldiers who got up and went forward when told to do so. Does anyone think they enjoyed it?

I have earned the right to have my say. What about you?

Thanks.
Old April 15th, 2003, 08:00 PM
spongerob

It's really up to you whether or not you let the incident completely ruin your vacation. The entertainment director might be faulted for not exercising a little tact, but you're the only one to blame for going off the deep end. You claim only to have wanted to raise a concern, yet your tone suggests otherwise...IMO. No one intended to cause you offense, but you took it anyway and made a big deal about it. Now deal with the response - next time find a hill worth dying on instead of fighting a senseless battle.
Old April 16th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Admiral

Interesting, this show has been on Princess ships for a while now, at least a year, never a complaint about it! Now, when are the complaints about 'Caribbean' style music going to come forth, I'm sure someone doesn't like it and thinks that it should be stopped because THEY are the only one who's opinion matters. How about demanding that religious services on ships be stopped, I'm sure some non-religious would not like it. Or Jewish services being stopped because Christians complain about it or vice versa.

Some people seem to have nothing better to do than complain. MHO
Old April 16th, 2003, 10:27 AM
kkorman

Ron,

With all due respect, being an American, I have the same rights as you no matter what kind of boots I am wearing.

I SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND THE DIXIE CHICKS!
Old April 16th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Beginner

Well Everyone, I want to thank you for your posts I am glad everyone voiced their opinions (some much more amusing than others). Even since I have calmed down I wouldn't have stated anything differently than I did. For those of you who disagree with me that is fine we will just have to agree to disagree. I still will not cruise with Princess again and for those of you who posted who were at one time or are currently with the Military or government please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for the amazing job you are doing for us Americans on and off the battle field. Come home safe and proud!
Old April 16th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Princess - Anti War Show! Read This

Kitana:
I am also one of those that would have voiced my opinion to the staff, in my feedback and with a letter to Princess if I was offended by the show. If this is one they have been doing for a while, I guess I saw it last July when I last cruised and it didn't offend me then. I'll see if it does when I'm on the Coral in a week.

That being said, I do feel that you are being rash in stating you'd never cruise with Princess again because of this. That is your choice but it seems drastic. I think you should voice your opinion to Princess Headquarters and then, if your not satisified with their answer, make that decision.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 16th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Beginner

Frank,

That is a fair enough response. I have sent my letters to Princess Headquarters and I am waiting for their comments. Although I have been very upset because of the way I was treated, per your suggestion I will refrain from making that decision until I receive their response.
Old April 16th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Peabodynvl

Kitana -

Hopefully you will get some satisfaction for the way you were treated by the staff. Regardless of the siutation, it was unacceptable. If the crew felt they couldn't help you, they should have directed you in how you could be helped, not make comments.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 08:22 AM
Beginner

Hello Everyone,

I received my response from their corporate offices and I am planning on typing a response as well. They apologized for the treatment I received and said they would forward my comments on to the Entertainment department for possible future planning. Other than that they hoped I would join them again for another cruise. While it was a very nice letter and I am thankful for that, it was not enough to make me want to cruise with Princess again. Its important in times like these that regardless, if we feel that any sensitive situation is right or wrong any customer service staff be unbiased and more sensitive to those that voice their opinions if they were offended in any way. I know that the opinion of most of the staff I spoke with were anti war which led to them not dealing with my complaint appropriately. This then gave me the feeling that they cruise line was biased and were voicing their opinions publicly. Them voicing their opinion was fine but I have the freedom to take my business elsewhere when I don't agree with that opinion. While I want peace just as much as the next person, I have a very deep respect for our Troops and the sacrifices they make for us and will support them anyway I can. Again I want to thank everyone for your comments, I appreciated all of your honesty even if I didn't agree with you. I wish you all a wonderful relaxing time on your next cruise or vacation.
Old April 22nd, 2003, 01:10 PM
peabodynvl

Kitana -

How did you come about the opinion most of the staff is anti-war? Did they make specific comments to you regarding the war itself, or just regarding the show? I'm not being facetious or anything here, I am truly curious about staff openly voicing their opposition to the war. Although the comments you posted were indeed inappropriate, such as ""Its just a show, no big deal", "Well we only went to war what a week ago"" only one "Well you should know since you live in D.C. that we have our right to our own freedom of speech" can be construed as them having an opinion of anything, let alone anti-war. Were there other comments made?

Pea
Old April 22nd, 2003, 10:47 PM
nini

Default Good LORD!

You are being way too sensitive. This Imagine number has been in this show since its inception. These shows take a couple years to put together.. they did not decide to throw this in there to make a statement about today's invasion of Iraq.

The song Imagine symbolizes what the world would be like if we didn't have to worry about wars, violence and we all just got along. Unfortunately, I doubt this will ever come to fruition in my lifetime.
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Heaven is A Cruise

" I still do not feel that a cruise ship is where you should voice your political opinion ."

Excuse me but that's EXACTLY what YOU did!
Not saying it's wrong to support the troops who put their lives on the line... but don't you think you over reacted a little. I was on the Coral 3-Apr and attended the show. I heard a 60's tune that took me back to a time when most of us were probably against the Vietnam war, and the video simply goes with song. The song's about peace not the war in Iraq. Are you suggesting some form of censorship in music, cause if you are, could I suggest Emminem not John Lennon!
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:37 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Princess - Anti War Show! Read This

AMEN!!!!! I am all for that!! Or most of those rappers who call their stuff music!

You wrote:

<<Are you suggesting some form of censorship in music, cause if you are, could I suggest Eminem not John Lennon!>>